Beta driver Fix hashrate drop DAG epoch RX470/480/570/580 FIX !!

2»

Comments

• ecs87ecs87 Dekalb, ILMember Posts: 333 ✭✭
    suthek said:

ecs87 said:

With the new drivers it seems as soon as you switch power states it changes the voltage from what you assigned.

Is this maybe why your previous build worked for me when I applied settings WHILE CPU was at 100%?
    I would start claymore... run miner at 4mh/s... CPU at 100% at 300Mhz.
    and then click apply on your tool and everything was good.

I think this is because i keep it locked at the 100% state so it doesn't change states and undo the power settings?

Ahhh, perhaps! Although I would like to find a way to get settings to properly stick without the GPU core being at 100% utilization (this just seems like a bad idea lol).
  • jsanzspjsanzsp Member Posts: 182 ✭✭

Beta 16 works perfect whit all OC controls and same power consumition at the wall.
    http://office.guru3d.com/afterburner/MSIAfterburnerSetup440Beta16.rar

untested in rx 500 series

You can only cut voltage by 100mv using MSI AB. I was looking for more significant undervolts
  • sutheksuthek Member Posts: 190 ✭✭
    edited August 17
    Honestly, I don't even care right now.
    i'm scared to take it down... been running since your build last night...
    just keeps working. i think i'll try your new build when/if it crashes.

You can see by the dip almost a day ago that i spent more than an hour messing with it last night. lol

and this is dual mining... also bringing in 1730 MH/s of SIA.
  • zapzap Member Posts: 8
    Running genoil.bat no longer initializes my rx 480 with this new driver. Anyone else having similar issues?
    edited August 17
    ecs87 said:

You can only cut voltage by 100mv using MSI AB. I was looking for more significant undervolts

combine with power limit -15 or -20

and beta 16

• seyyidkayaseyyidkaya Member Posts: 5
    I am running this driver with rx580s. My hashrate increased from 28.6 to 30.5 but temperature also increased from 68C to 78C which I do not feel comfy to run my rig with such temp. Anyone has idea why?
    edited August 17

I am running this driver with rx580s. My hashrate increased from 28.6 to 30.5 but temperature also increased from 68C to 78C which I do not feel comfy to run my rig with such temp. Anyone has idea why?

Are you using AF beta 16? Try powlimit -15 and voltage minin, but the driver is beta, it still has to improve
    jsanzsp said:

Are you using AF beta 16? Try powlimit -15 and voltage minin, but the driver is beta, it still has to improve
    Yes I am. Will try powlimit but I cant undervolt. 78c degrees is a lot and probably will shorten gpus lifetime :/
    edited August 17

jsanzsp said:

Yes I am. Will try powlimit but I cant undervolt. 78c degrees is a lot and probably will shorten gpus lifetime :/
    It seems that the input voltage controller not work in 500 series, more temp = more power
    jsanzsp said:

ecs87 said:

and beta 16

Uhh...why? If the GPU is properly undervolted theres zero need to touch the power limit. And if you're cutting power via the power limit, then you're losing MH...at which point why not just use the old drivers?
    edited August 17
    ecs87 said:

jsanzsp said:

ecs87 said:

and beta 16

Uhh...why? If the GPU is properly undervolted theres zero need to touch the power limit. And if you're cutting power via the power limit, then you're losing MH...at which point why not just use the old drivers?
    Exactly, apparently there is an issue with rx580 series. As you said if you set power limit to something minus your hashrate will drop which means there is no reason to use this driver at all. At least not yet for 580s. 570s work just fine in temperature matter btw.
    edited August 17
    ecs87 said:

jsanzsp said:

ecs87 said:

and beta 16

my cards dont loose Mhs in power limit -20

Also depends a lot on the clocks you use, my clocks are conservative and I always look for the little consumption sacrificing performance, 1070 for gpu and 1950 for memory 1625 straps

27-28 mhs and low power, I will not force the gpu for 1-2 mhs more

No matter the power hashrate report the card, the valid shares and the stability and the long-term reliability is the best for me
  • greatauror28greatauror28 Member Posts: 119
    jsanzsp said:

ecs87 said:

jsanzsp said:

ecs87 said:

and beta 16

my cards dont loose Mhs in power limit -20

Also depends a lot on the clocks you use, my clocks are conservative and I always look for the little consumption sacrificing performance, 1070 for gpu and 1950 for memory 1625 straps

27-28 mhs and low power, I will not force the gpu for 1-2 mhs more

No matter the power hashrate report the card, the valid shares and the stability and the long-term reliability is the best for me
    So it's really a wise decision for me to revert back to my old 17.7.1 drivers as I still get 28.2 eth 530 sia with around 150w at the wall.
  • sutheksuthek Member Posts: 190 ✭✭

increased from 68C to 78C which I do not feel comfy to run my rig with such temp. Anyone has idea why?

What tool are you using to reduce your voltage? and what miner are you using?
    Don't pass voltage settings through claymore.
    There are some buggy tools out there to "properly" reduce voltage.

My RX 580's are running at the same temps as I was getting before. It is do-able.

This photo shows the before and after on my 3xRX 580 build.

And this is as-of-right-now.

Running stable on the new beta driver over 24h

suthek said:

increased from 68C to 78C which I do not feel comfy to run my rig with such temp. Anyone has idea why?

What tool are you using to reduce your voltage? and what miner are you using?
    Don't pass voltage settings through claymore.
    There are some buggy tools out there to "properly" reduce voltage.

My RX 580's are running at the same temps as I was getting before. It is do-able.

This photo shows the before and after on my 3xRX 580 build.

And this is as-of-right-now.

Running stable on the new beta driver over 24h

Weird. Cards are undervolted from bios and I am using them the same way I was using before. However as I mentioned, the temp went really high at least 5c+ degrees each. mining on claymore, not passing anything clock,voltage etc
  • kekekekekekekeke Member Posts: 61
    Well finally took the time to install the official beta driver from AMD with MSI AB and Claymore 9.8. Went from 128mhs to 140mhs on 5 rx470s . Looks like it was a success! I run off a free electricity source so haven't messed with the voltage. Ran into issues where windows would not detect AMD cards initially until several restarts.
    Hi,

I have faced issues after upgrading/updating to the blockchain driver. I am suspecting 1 of my gpus might be bricked.

I have 4x identical powercolor rx 580 8gbs, they were running around 64C+- degrees. After the blockchain driver one of the gpus started functioning unstable.

After trying many things I have realized that power draw of this card is lowering down to 80w sometimes 40w and back to 110w as it should be. so the graph is up and down all the way. Normally gpu only power draw for each card is 110w, as the others run and draw constantly.

So there is something wrong with this cards, heat is higher than the others, power draw is unstable and it causes watchdog gpu hang error.
    I have reverted to older driver as I used to run with but no change. I am afraid it might be a hardware issue.

What do you guys think might be the issue with this card?