Beta driver Fix hashrate drop DAG epoch RX470/480/570/580 FIX !!

jsanzspjsanzsp Posts: 145Member ✭✭
edited August 11 in Mining
I share with This community the unofficial beta driver fix for well known DAG drop hashrate problem on RX polaris series RX470/480/570/580.

Nobody knows for sure, if AMD launched an official driver, Or if we will have to use this beta driver forever,What i know is that it works.

For the moment with this driver can be overclocked, via claymore, (advanced user) or use msi afterburner in its latest beta.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Download driver.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fknhmqdv0k5v3ic/Drivers_DAG_fix_BETA.zip?dl=0
or
https://ufile.io/hw70y

2. Install driver via Device manager, right click on your card and point to unpacked folder what you previously download from one of the links above.

3. Install well known patcher (atikmdag-patcher), link below.
https://www.monitortests.com/atikmdag-patcher-1.4.5.zip

4. Restart your RIG.

5. Overclock, !! WARINING!! For this drivers need msi afterburner 4.4.0 BETA 16. or overclock via claymore,(-cclock 1050,1100,0) (-mclock 1950,2000,2015,....-cvddc 900,950,1000.... please read Readme.txt in claymore for more info.

I test on all RX models, from my experience RX470/480 runs perfect. hashrate performance is restored, tested on win10 annivarsary and claymore 9.8 on all my rigs.

We had 164 mh/s
http://i92.fastpic.ru/big/2017/0806/29/444190bd42c39ac3640f07347d34a829.jpg

We have now 171 mhs
http://i92.fastpic.ru/big/2017/0806/7e/6b2312802d5d5f6452d92d2b5768b67e.jpg

If you see this might helpful for you, donation are welcome:

ETH 0xeef3edf832cd41f06b3243f760db94cf95cb02ce
Post edited by jsanzsp on

Comments

• sutheksuthek Posts: 158Member
    HUGE disclaimer... undervolting your cards doesn't work via claymore using this driver.
    there are alternate tools to undervolt for AMD 4xx cards.... but AMD 5xx cards are out of luck.

many people tried this driver and quickly reverted back.
    Wait for an official release and a Claymore update.
  • yodiyodi Posts: 231Member ✭✭
    will try , undervolting via claymore ... never thought about that if msi did it s good , will try on rx400 soon if nice will did on rx500 to ... i dont think about official driver for that fix
  • jsanzspjsanzsp Posts: 145Member ✭✭
    suthek said:

HUGE disclaimer... undervolting your cards doesn't work via claymore using this driver.
    there are alternate tools to undervolt for AMD 4xx cards.... but AMD 5xx cards are out of luck.

many people tried this driver and quickly reverted back.
    Wait for an official release and a Claymore update.

I doubt very much that amd helps us to mine, since 16.9.2 the drivers are worse, and there are more restrictions, bios mods for example, are detected and a patch is needed. I think that if AMD is not able to launch an official driver that solves this, as it will get a driver that increases the performance of the DAG.?

I hope I'm wrong, AMD knows that most of its cards are sold for mine, I'm even sure that it has some huge farm full of GPUS 24/7

But at the moment these is the only solution for fix hashrate drop.

• cidmocidmo Posts: 314Member ✭✭
    u cant use watttool with this on any gpu
    not worth 1-2Mh for an extra 25 watts
    edited August 12
    i get hashrate back on the rig i'm testing (win10, msi rx470 4gb)

you have ti uninstall properly with DDU or else , restart with one card , install driver manually , it will no install correctly , just run patcher then restart , gpu must be nice then , just had gpu one by one, and patching again after driver update correctly (screen blackcliping ) you have to do that for every gpu to get best chance to have no issue and miner run correctly at start
    MSi AB beta 16 not showing watts line but downvolt working , just keep your setting when ask at uninstall old version.

no impact on shares

edit: think about disable 4g after DDU uninstall , and reactive with more than 4 cards
    no success with rx500 serie , no downvolt and not better hashrate

Post edited by yodi on
  • inprivateinprivate Posts: 3Member
    I want to know if we just can overclock rx480/580 by claymore or msi afterburner?
  • rmhrmh Posts: 179Member ✭✭
    @jsanzsp If you're not robinh00d, then you're stealing donations.
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2068446.0

And all of you complain about not able to undervolt with this driver, check the bitcointalk topic.
  • pau1pau1 Posts: 16Member
    inprivate said:

I want to know if we just can overclock rx480/580 by claymore or msi afterburner?

I'm overclocking and undervolting with latest Afterburner beta version. I've got 3 x RX480's, 2x R9 290 Tri-X and 1 GTX 1060

Getting 160Mh/s on this driver instead of 155Mh/s on official 17.7.2 AMD driver (Dual mining with Sia @ 2700Mh/s)
  • onis_ukonis_uk Posts: 25Member
    edited August 14
    This has just been ripped from robin hood from bitcoin talk........ the better question is, when the actual fk is the official 17.7.3 driver coming? its long over due!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Tre232Tre232 Posts: 13Member
    edited August 14
    cidmo said:

u cant use watttool with this on any gpu
    not worth 1-2Mh for an extra 25 watts

Has anyone given this tool a try yet to see if it will work instead of Watt Tool?

forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=416116
    UPDATE OFFICIAL DRIVER

Well, AMD Released a driver for DAG issue, still have to experiment with this driver.
    Try it out in your Radeon Rigs too and provide feedback for the same.

Link to the post, where I found it: http://www.legitreviews.com/amds-new-mining-block-chain-optimized-driver-tested_197095

Link to the beta drivers: https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-Blockchain-Compute-Release-Notes.aspx

• greatauror28greatauror28 Posts: 43Member
    Tried this yesterday but gave me nothing but headaches.
    MSI AB can only undervolt max of -100, if your UV is lower, stay away, as tdp is freakin high without UV.
    Trixx doesn't work - won't even show values for core and mem clocks.
    Wattman becomes very buggy and unstable when used with OC.

I suggest update to this driver if and only if you have your bios settings hardcoded in the rom.
  • danielehrhardtdanielehrhardt Posts: 1Member
    edited August 16
    thanks
    Someone tried to get old driver path (16.11.5) inside ?

I'm running overnight and into the day now with this driver on my 3x RX 580 build. working great.
    fans set to auto... temps at 60 - 70 degrees.
    mvddc at 900. cvddc at 950.
  • kekekekekekekeke Posts: 59Member
    @suthek what program are u using to modify your clocks/voltage/temps?
  • babababa Posts: 15Member
    Is this good for not moded cards? Rx 580

MSI AB can only undervolt max of -100, if your UV is lower, stay away, as tdp is freakin high without UV.

I suggest update to this driver if and only if you have your bios settings hardcoded in the rom.

Use MSI AF beta?
  • FurryBuxyFurryBuxy Posts: 33Member
    edited August 16
    dont use the fix amd provided, it's the typical amd drivers full of bugs. i had to format my whole rig clean to get it to work properly again. Not even using DDU would get it to hash like normal
    edited August 16
    jsanzsp said:

Use MSI AF beta?
    My undervolt is -960mV and AB can't do past -100 so that's a no for me.
    suthek said:

I'm running overnight and into the day now with this driver on my 3x RX 580 build. working great.
    fans set to auto... temps at 60 - 70 degrees.
    mvddc at 900. cvddc at 950.

Need for info:
    -what kind of 580?
    -OS?
    -what software you used to undervolt that low?
  • ecs87ecs87 Dekalb, ILPosts: 236Member ✭✭
    I doubt people are actually measuring their power (either using HWInfo or kill-a-watt). I've worked my way to hack together an update for my AMD GPU OC tool for the newest drivers and the beta driver. Can I set the voltage? Surrrre, it even sticks after a reboot. Does it REALLY set? Absolutely not. I verified this through HWInfo's voltage and wattage readings. I've got everything else working though. MSI AB is probably setting a voltage offset, which is completely different than what I'm doing.

Also, as far as I can tell, AMD's official WattMan tool doesn't even work to change the voltage properly. Facepalm. I guess I shouldn't be too disappointed, can't expect much out of AMD
    ecs87 said:

YOLO

I think I'm going to order a kill-a-watt and find out exactly what's going on.
    However, in the meantime, I'm running low temps and getting the hashrate I want.

wattman shows 900 mv and 950 mv which aligns with the settings I put into your tool though? Where are you seeing higher draw?

I have free electricity until the end of the month... so I haven't bothered investing in a kill-a-watt yet.
    (Rent includes hydro.)

edited August 16
    Get it on other rx470 , ok then , but still not wattage visual in msi ab 4.4.0 beta 16. but it seem to get the same 900mv as before ...
    will had it on other rx470 rig , the one i tested the beta unofficial , then rx480 and 580
    FurryBuxy said:

dont use the fix amd provided, it's the typical amd drivers full of bugs. i had to format my whole rig clean to get it to work properly again. Not even using DDU would get it to hash like normal

had point of backup regulary ,... then use DDU and method that i said before , there is no problem for me i did that on 2 rigs
    suthek said:

ecs87 said:

YOLO

I think I'm going to order a kill-a-watt and find out exactly what's going on.
    However, in the meantime, I'm running low temps and getting the hashrate I want.

wattman shows 900 mv and 950 mv which aligns with the settings I put into your tool though? Where are you seeing higher draw?

I have free electricity until the end of the month... so I haven't bothered investing in a kill-a-watt yet.
    (Rent includes hydro.)

Wattman also shows exactly what I put into my tool, but HWInfo64 is reporting upwards of 1000mv, which is way above what I plugged in for any power level. I've made a final update fixing the voltage issue to where the driver and my software bring a new meaning to dedicated mining rig.
    ecs87 said:

where the driver and my software bring a new meaning to dedicated mining rig.

Sorry I don't quite follow. What did you do?
    I'm going to test tonight. Does it resolve the 4mh/s per card thing you and I saw last night?

The 4mh/s issue was my fault of not enabling the power levels upon the user clicking Set (enabling power levels was never an issue previously when interacting with AMD GPUs in my experience; I've never seen the driver set them all to disabled as the default action). That's been fixed as of this morning before I went to sleep.

The main issue I've been overcoming is getting voltage settings to work. I ended up disabling every power level other than one, therefore you no longer will have an "idle" power level (300mhz/800mv). Kind of suitable with a mining driver since you should be running all the time (hence the literal meaning of dedicated). But I still feel like it's not a good workaround.
    ecs87 said:

The 4mh/s issue was my fault of not enabling the power levels upon the user clicking Set (enabling power levels was never an issue previously when interacting with AMD GPUs in my experience; I've never seen the driver set them all to disabled as the default action). That's been fixed as of this morning before I went to sleep.

The main issue I've been overcoming is getting voltage settings to work. I ended up disabling every power level other than one, therefore you no longer will have an "idle" power level (300mhz/800mv). Kind of suitable with a mining driver since you should be running all the time (hence the literal meaning of dedicated). But I still feel like it's not a good workaround.

I think if you would just leave two states of voltages, let it be the idle one (300Mhz/800mV) and the working one (top Mhz/960mV).
    If it worked, I would've done that. With the new drivers it seems as soon as you switch power states it changes the voltage from what you assigned. The only easy way I found to prevent this is to only have one power state. If you have dedicated mining rigs (that are stable), this shouldn't be an issue. For those using their "rigs" for dual-purpose, you would probably be better off not using a mining-beta-driver nor the troublesome 17.7.2 driver (I've heard of people playing Overwatch on 17.7.2 and randomly crashing).
    ecs87 said:

If it worked, I would've done that. With the new drivers it seems as soon as you switch power states it changes the voltage from what you assigned. The only easy way I found to prevent this is to only have one power state. If you have dedicated mining rigs (that are stable), this shouldn't be an issue. For those using their "rigs" for dual-purpose, you would probably be better off not using a mining-beta-driver nor the troublesome 17.7.2 driver (I've heard of people playing Overwatch on 17.7.2 and randomly crashing).

That makes perfect sense.
    ecs87 said:

With the new drivers it seems as soon as you switch power states it changes the voltage from what you assigned.

Is this maybe why your previous build worked for me when I applied settings WHILE CPU was at 100%?
    I would start claymore... run miner at 4mh/s... CPU at 100% at 300Mhz.
    and then click apply on your tool and everything was good.

I think this is because i keep it locked at the 100% state so it doesn't change states and undo the power settings?