any one tried the 17.7.2 drivers?

shooter40swshooter40sw Member Posts: 47
I have an issue with the drivers, it can underclock gpu core and I can overlock the memory with no issues but it does the voltage does not undervolt, so its running hot and the gpu z says gpu core is taking about 81W, compared to 60 W, I have a non modded XFX 480

Comments

• boysieboysie Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭
    17.7.2 is a no go for now, no support for any custom clock/mem vlt so stay clear until the driver is fixed or the tools updated to support the new api's as not sure what caused it to no longer work, more than likely amd changed their spec and api's and the tools need to catch up including claymore. I also dont believe the perf enhancement which is coming (dag slow down on amd cards) is not in this release.

Boysie
  • ecs87ecs87 Dekalb, ILMember Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    boysie said:

17.7.2 is a no go for now, no support for any custom clock/mem vlt so stay clear until the driver is fixed or the tools updated to support the new api's as not sure what caused it to no longer work, more than likely amd changed their spec and api's and the tools need to catch up including claymore. I also dont believe the perf enhancement which is coming (dag slow down on amd cards) is not in this release.

Boysie

It's almost been an entire year since AMD released any updates for their ADL SDK: http://developer.amd.com/display-library-adl-sdk/ :(