Winter is here.....

Comments

• danxdanx californiaMember Posts: 143 ✭✭
    The upcoming bitcoin soft-fork in 2 weeks has spooked a lot of people and is killing the price for all currencies. I'm just going to keep mining and see what happens after August 1st. Maybe a lot of people will dump their bitcoin and buy eth which could skyrocket the price. Or it could go down in flames with bitcoin. Scary times for people who have a large amount of ETH. Dump it and cut your losses before it's too late or hold onto it and hope the price shoots up... Personally I think the price will recover next month and hit new highs.. But i'm not an expert by any means, just my opinion/hope.
  • Draco1337Draco1337 Member Posts: 3
    I doubt it ): It's at 144 now.
  • mightbaalmightbaal Member Posts: 24
    Welp there goes the ROI lol never dump more money than you can afford to loose we will see what happens will hold my eth I think till after august
  • LazrailTRLazrailTR Member Posts: 37
    can someone explain what the soft-fork means?
    It means bitcoin is probably going to split into 2 or 3 different chains. What that means to everyone who owns bitcoin, no one knows for sure, but when bitcoin prices drop it usually means all currency prices drop, like we've been seeing this month. But after there will be a recovery, looks like ETH is in a good position to benefit from bitcoins crash, but at the moment the price is falling because people are selling off what they have.
  • mikeomikeo Member Posts: 175 ✭✭
    Some 'experts' are advising people who hold Bitcoin in exchanges (poloniex, bitfinix, coinbase, etc.) move it into a personal hardware wallet a day before August 1 and don't return it to exchanges until the fork results are known, I.e., a day or two.
    It should be an interesting week leading up to, and right after the fork.
    We may be seeing the preliminaries in the current market (July 12-15). Hang on, it could get rough!
  • dueiddueid Member Posts: 33
    Litecoin is where the money is going at the moment imo, Bitmain announcing machines to mine litecoin and ethereum seems to be unstable and not solving the problems promised, litecoin seems to be the choice.

If you analise the charts litecoin seemed to have had a brilliant support hanging on 40 usd very well, this is where the market comes and investment pours in to support that price.
  • sutheksuthek Member Posts: 188 ✭✭
    you make a valid point... lots of people are blaming bitcoin for the crypto drops... but here litecoin is... sitting higher than it did a month ago... kin dof shows cryptos aren't following bitcoin...
    and also suggests eth is on its own path.
  • therocktherock Member Posts: 45
    Lets just hang on, and see how it goes, it may not be as bad as we speculate
    Please, everyone buy an ASIC machine and go mine LTC, please. ;-)
  • sutheksuthek Member Posts: 188 ✭✭
    Good news everyone, Samwell Tarly found a mine of Dragonstone.
    Looks like we are fighting against winter after all!

(Up at $173 USD as of posting this!)
    Good Job Samwell!