nanopool any good?

speedybspeedyb Posts: 35Member
anyone know anything about this pool good yes no?

Comments

• danxdanx californiaPosts: 116Member
    Depends on what you consider good. They are one of the biggest pools around and having 25k miners means they must be doing something right or people wouldn't keep mining there. I have read mostly good things about them, but there are a couple discussions about people not being paid what they were expecting. And they have a 1% pool fee. However with that many people mining, they mine blocks often and you see your amount of eth updating faster and you get paid faster when you hit the payment threshold.

Smaller pools, like the one I run, you don't see your eth being updated because it only gets updated when a block is found, which in smaller pools can take a couple weeks, but smaller pools charger a smaller pool fee to try to compete with the big guys like nano pool.

So basically you make more with smaller pools, just have to be patient. Larger pools you get more instant gratification.

So now that I've said way too much. Yeah, nanopool is pretty good. I mined there myself before starting my own pool.

noobpool.com A mining pool for everyone, even those who don't have a house full of mining rigs.
  • SamsanSamsan Posts: 24Member
    i am also mine on nano pool suggest me any nice pool
  • bleunetizenbleunetizen Posts: 15Member
    danx said:

Depends on what you consider good. They are one of the biggest pools around and having 25k miners means they must be doing something right or people wouldn't keep mining there. I have read mostly good things about them, but there are a couple discussions about people not being paid what they were expecting. And they have a 1% pool fee. However with that many people mining, they mine blocks often and you see your amount of eth updating faster and you get paid faster when you hit the payment threshold.

Smaller pools, like the one I run, you don't see your eth being updated because it only gets updated when a block is found, which in smaller pools can take a couple weeks, but smaller pools charger a smaller pool fee to try to compete with the big guys like nano pool.

So basically you make more with smaller pools, just have to be patient. Larger pools you get more instant gratification.

So now that I've said way too much. Yeah, nanopool is pretty good. I mined there myself before starting my own pool.

noobpool.com A mining pool for everyone, even those who don't have a house full of mining rigs.

I am also mining on nanopool, my hash is about 550mhs at the moment. I am not sure but what I see in nanopools calculator is about 10% less than what it says on other calculation websites with same hash rate - and I am comparing using 6 hour average value, and still about 10% less. Does anyone notice the same?

I just checked noobpool and looks like you found your first block few hours ago, congrats! I am considering moving there, it looks like you have about 2ghs at the moment, so this should mean finding a block in 5 days or so, which isnt bad for a small pool.
    I have read the same about nanopool from others, not sure what could be causing it, maybe the pool is just so big the server can't handle it, 25k miners is a lot. You're welcome at noobpool, things have picked up and hopefully we will start finding blocks more often now.
  • gusti6gusti6 Posts: 4Member
    I use it, recently tried suprnova ( 15 hrs ) and still don't see my eth update...wondering if I should just switch back to Nano...
    Your eth updates when a block is found. Smaller pools take longer to find blocks.
  • speedybspeedyb Posts: 35Member
    good results here now been with um a bit just thought id ask when i was new
  • bleunetizenbleunetizen Posts: 15Member
    according to nanopools's calculation, 550mhs will get 0.158 ether per day. according to other websites such as whattomine.com, it says 550mhs will get 0.18 ether per day. that is 14% difference!?