I tried everything, nothing worked....

Sera2084Sera2084 Posts: 16Member
hi there! I followed several mining guides, but no one works for me. I tried Genoils Miner and Claymores Miner with different servers and ports. no connection possible. here is a image:

I use windows 10 and I have a powercolour rx480 graphics.
the other error was a fast opening and closing window. I tried mining a few weeks ago, there it worked for some hours and then didn't do anything more.
could it be that there are some rests of the old mining on my hdd? do I have to delete these?
I tried to find something in windows firewall, but there is nothing related. I don't know what else I can do, except a new installation of windows 10 itself.

please help me!

Comments

• myriatechmyriatech Posts: 22Member
    post your ethminer config.
  • Sera2084Sera2084 Posts: 16Member
    I set up my system. it didn't help. which config file do you mean? there are ethminer.exe and a start.bat file in the folder.
    the content of start.bat:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
    setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
    setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
    setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
    setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
    ethminer.exe --farm-recheck 200 -G -S eu2.ethermine.org:4444 -FS us1.ethermine.org:4444 -O [wallet adress].[SERA]

could it be my router? I have internat via cable, does that play a role?
  • mikeomikeo Posts: 136Member ✭✭
    edited July 17
    You need a real ETH address in the [wallet Address] variable. That's where the results of mining are sent. Very unlikely router is a problem if it is wired not wifi.
    edited July 17
    I do have a wallet and pasted the wallet adress in [wallet adress]. I meant internet via tv cable, not via telephone box. but you are right, I don't use wifi. I use a LAN cable.
    I would try connecting to a different pool to see what happens. I use nanopool.com and it seems reliable. Go to their site and look for configuration file for your miner and copy it to you start.bat and/or config.txt file.
    edited July 17
    firstly, I used an old version of ethminer, version 0.1.1. I had seen 1.1.0 :disappointed:
    therefore no config file. but now I use the up-to-date version with all the files in folder. but there still isn't a file named "config".

someone from this forum, a german, helped me by using team viewer. The problem were the brackets --> [....]
    without them it worked for some moments until my pc shut down. but this was for testing with almost no commands in the bat file and without wallet adress. when I use the commands from this website this error occurs:

and this error messages never end.

another thing that could be a problem is my grafic card driver. after installation came a error message that said: driver could not be installed. Under "programs deeinstall" is the driver not listed.
    but there is a icon below on the right side of monitor, which is the radeon driver utility. I can open and change the radeon preferences and I can play games. this is strange...

which miner should I use with my grafic card (radeon rx480) and do I need opencl? it seems to be integrated in the standard grafic card driver, or do I have it to download and install seperately?

here is a picture of my setup:

Post edited by Sera2084 on
  • cristisstcristisst Posts: 9Member
    Post a screenshot from device manager. The cards section. You should use first that https://www.google.ro/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html&ved=0ahUKEwjE1viVlpHVAhWCF5oKHVkbCLYQFggaMAA&usg=AFQjCNEJ9nAYe5bakSWLix-qMCQn0Fvqbw
    After you depeted the driver completely, install older amd driver like here:
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous/detail?os=Windows 7 - 64&rev=16.9.1

Also, check your motherboard bios setting for pci express link speed to be gen1 not auto, not gen2.
    I could solve the problem that the amd driver was only installed partially. I had to install all in one runtimes. then I used the amd driver uninstall utility. after that I could install the amd driver correctly. I have created a mining partition on my hdd. tomorrow I will test it with nanopool.org.
    edited July 18
    It's working! Thank you very much!!! I am using now nanopool with this miner: Claymore.s.Dual.Ethereum.Decred_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal.AMD.NVIDIA.GPU.Miner.v9.7

I have a hashrate of 24 Mh/s. can I boost it up to 25 Mh/s?
    Post edited by Sera2084 on
    Leave it alone for at least 48 hours before attempting to increase hash rate. In any case overclocking should be approached in SMALL INCREMENTS and testing one change at a time for 48 hour stability. And for god's sake do some research to develope a strategy if you decide to overclock. Personally, I decided overclocking just was not worth the additional headaches and went for under volting to reduce power and heat.
    Ok thank you for warning. I don't want to overclock. And I think undervolting isn't an option for me because I want to play games too. CUrrently I have a wallet from jaxx.io. I have mined about 0.00062 Eth according to ethermine.org, but Jaxx shows me "0.00000000". what I am doing wrong?
    Read ethermine's payout rules. You have not mined enough for a payout to your jaxx wallet yet.
    I have to wait until I have mined 1 ETH??? that is not cool. 1 ETH ist 200 EUR currently...
  • rmhrmh Posts: 166Member ✭✭
    Sera2084 said:

I have to wait until I have mined 1 ETH??? that is not cool. 1 ETH ist 200 EUR currently...

"Payment threshold in Ether (Min: 0.05 Ether, Max: 10 Ether, if set to less than 1 Ether a fixed tx fee of 0.001 Ether will be deducted from the paid amount)."