GpuMiner cu_k1 failed 4, unspecified launch failure

Ikk200Ikk200 Posts: 5Member
Hello Everyone.

Recently I have noticed my mining rig freezes and stops every so often and I was wondering if anyone could help me find a solution to this problem. I have tried looking around everywhere prior to writing this but simply couldn't find any information on it.

If you would like to have a look at the log, feel free to click here.

My computer specs are as follows:

Intel Celeron CPU Dual Core
Ballistix Sport 4GB DDR4 RAM
AsRock H81 Pro BTC 2.0 Motherboard
1000w PSU

1x GTX 1070
4x GTX 1060
1x GTX 1060 [3GB]

Also, what do you think of my setup?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• BozoBozo Posts: 2Member
    I also have the same issue, some people say it is connected with Windows defender, some say it is connected with Drivers, graphic card. Who knows? :/

I have 6 GTX 1060 6 GB.

Did you get the solution? I will post soon as I find something about this problem
  • BozoBozo Posts: 2Member
    edited July 17
    My computer specs are as follows:

Intel Celeron CPU Dual Core
    Crucial 8GB DDR4-2400 UDIMM
    Motherboard ASUS-H270-PLUS
    6 GTX 1060 6GB
    1000w PSU

We also have simmilar setup...maybe here is the problem.

Try and put 16GB virtual memory to work properly in Claymore.
  • mbc016mbc016 Posts: 6Member
    we have the same issue. did you find a solution?
  • HashsinghHashsingh Posts: 3Member
    @Ikk200 how you resolved this error? please help!!
  • Ikk200Ikk200 Posts: 5Member
    edited July 19
    I am still having this issue. I have a temporary walk-around which is basically adding the command "-r 1" in the miner batch file and also create a batch file in the miner folder called "reboot.bat". In this reboot batch file add the command "shutdown /r /t 0" to restart the computer if that GPU error happens. This is the only way I can think of to fix this.

I got the problem to occur less often by lowering the overclock I had set and also putting the fan speed higher to make sure the cards don't overheat some how. This seems to help me but it's not 100% as I still see the issue.

You could also try swapping the risers -- this seemed to help. I don't know what this issue is and I'm still as clueless as ever and any help on this would be appreciated.
  • mikeomikeo Posts: 136Member ✭✭
    For folks still experiencing this issue I would suggest two areas of concentration:
    1. If you still have ANY overclocking on the cards that are inoperable remove it back to box stock.
    2. Power, power, power. Did I mention POWER? Do some power searching and detective work as so many problems are related to power on mining rigs.
    good luck!