Bios Flash MSI RX580

SharmadhirajSharmadhiraj Member Posts: 5
I did Bios flash MSI RX580 gamingX 8gb, but the flashing got stuck at atiflash and I had to reboot my computer. On rebooting it did not read the graphics card so I thought that it would require me to format the pc (not having a technical know how) . Now I have submitted the card to the service center. Just was curious to know if they would not honor the warranty in such a case, how can I recover my card to work? There is no vbios switch, atiwinflash shows error "no rom". And with the solution, can someone please share his/her experience with bios flashing MSI RX580(particularly MSI model). And incase anyone was successful in flashing the same model, please share.

Comments

• James0James0 Member Posts: 23
    You have to use the on-board GFX, then take the back plate of GFX card, jump the bios with a wire from pin 1 to 8 then get into windows then remove the wire and flash in command prompt

coupe of my MSI cards have done that, it is due to the monitor for some reason. I found if it hangs just disconnect the monitor cable wait 2 min, reconnect and the flash would of completed.
  • pommie09pommie09 Member Posts: 39
    Using the MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X card.

Was able to successfully flash all 6. If you need Roms I will post both below, the original as well as the one that would get you at least 29 MH/s

Hope you're able to make it work! Good luck.
  • SharmadhirajSharmadhiraj Member Posts: 5
    pommie09 said:

Using the MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X card.

Was able to successfully flash all 6. If you need Roms I will post both below, the original as well as the one that would get you at least 29 MH/s

Hope you're able to make it work! Good luck.

Yes, I was able to recover the card. Thanks a lot. But I modded the bios again by copying 1:1750 to 1:2000. I am getting only 24mh/s.
    Could you please confirm that your card is Gaming X and not Gaming X plus?? And what are the settings in MSI afterburner. Please help