Ethereum Mining pool for noobs! noobpool.com

124»

Comments

• danxdanx californiaPosts: 141Member ✭✭
    edited July 28
    Over 9 million brute force hits in less than 3 days. But it's been patched up. No more attacks, no more vulnerabilities. Brute force won't work now. I guess they were really desperate to steal 5 eth.
    Post edited by danx on
    It's a learning experience. I'm not a cyber security expert, but I've been working with people who are and we've resolved our problems. No more hackers. That's the problem with cryptocurrency, it's too anonymous. Or so the criminals think.
  • VadimVadim Posts: 20Member
    edited July 28
    And? Needs only guess which type of password you had. 34 hits per second this is nothing for strong password.
    The brute force attacks didn't break through, but it's been fixed so they can't use a brute force attack to get into the system at all now. Should I give details about how they found the vulnerability and were able to steal the eth? Maybe some would-be hackers would like some tips on how they hacked us. Not that we can be hacked like that again, but others may be vulnerable.

I come here to help people, answer questions, and hopefully in the process find more people to join our pool, but i'm not here to advertise server vulnerabilities.
  • VadimVadim Posts: 20Member
    edited July 28
    We really dont need this type of detail, just to know where vulnerability was: pool software, wallet that you using or eth itself? And you really think some hackers will get tips from that forum? People who need to know this, already know it, and maybe if vulnerability became public, other new pool will patch it to, not waiting to be hacked.
  • ravenigmaravenigma Posts: 11Member
    Learning experience, like you said. If the pool is more secure now, then maybe some good came out of it. Please keep us updated on the attempt to recover the stolen ETH.
  • ravenigmaravenigma Posts: 11Member
    I see that we found another block earlier today and that a number of payouts have been completed for it. I have not received a payout and the time stamps on the transactions indicate it has been hours since any have been sent. Will the rest be completed in the near future? I am now awaiting payouts for the last two blocks (the first being the one which was stolen).
    A lot of miners were paid in full, but not everyone. I'm still trying to fund the account myself to make up the $1000 loss and it's coming out of my pocket, so it will take a few days. If it shows a pending balance on your account, you will be paid.
  • erstwealerstweal MidwestPosts: 93Member
    That was good luck on this last block, I hope luck stays strong.
    The pool is in the 9GH range now, so blocks should be coming on a more regular basis. Also the issues with Nicehash have been resolved so now anyone who wants to use nicehash on our pool can without any problem.

Pool host: noobpool.com
    Pool port: 8008
    Pool user: Your wallet address
    Pool pass: #
    Algorithm: DaggerHashimoto

It's that simple.
    edited August 6
    Pool was hacked for the second time. This time it took a whole 14 seconds from the time we found the block until it was stolen. I used every precaution, had help from cyber security experts, yet still can't keep it safe. So mining on a smaller pool like this has risks. Just don't hold me responsible for lost eth if you choose to mine with us and we get hacked once again. I'm doing everything I can to prevent it, but hackers are smarter than me.
    Post edited by danx on
    We resolved our hacking issues, we've found about 25 blocks since without any issues. Payments are going out on time and the pool is growing pretty quick. Things have never been better at noobpool.com
    Thanks @danx, I've been getting a nice consistent payout lately.
  • ssdaytonassdaytona Posts: 12Member
    hey!

I want to join your pool, but I can't seem to get my ethminer working. I'm using the latest one from. It get's pretty good hash rates without a dev fee to claymore

https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethminer/releases
    @ssdaytona You are a little vague on what isn't working. Perhaps some more details? If you go to the noob miner site he gives the commands to use to actually send hash to the pool.
  • parenzoparenzo Posts: 19Member
    danx said:

The pool is in the 9GH range now, so blocks should be coming on a more regular basis. Also the issues with Nicehash have been resolved so now anyone who wants to use nicehash on our pool can without any problem.

Pool host: noobpool.com
    Pool port: 8008
    Pool user: Your wallet address
    Pool pass: #
    Algorithm: DaggerHashimoto

It's that simple.

I am getting this when try to setup pool on nicehash:
    Error: Received no data.
    Your pool is shown as incompatible therefore we encourage you to contact pool operator to make sure that the pool is using minimal/starting pool share difficulty which is compatible with our service (and thus compatible with today's miners), please send them link to our FAQ on this topic: Thank you!