6x GPU mining - 1070 vs 1080 TI - is it worth?

slavishtipkovslavishtipkov Member Posts: 11
Hello guys,

I am new here, but I am so exited about mining. I am going to create my first mining pool. I am thinking about 6x Nvidia 1070 (When you can't buy AMD), but I red about 1080 TI and may be more mining eth, but if you duo mining - is it a lot profitable in this case?

Thank you

Comments

• va23boamva23boam Member Posts: 13
    Take that money you plan on spending on mining and just spend it all buying ether from an exchange. And then just leave it sitting idle in your wallet. After a few years youll look back and go yes. Great advice.
  • MrN1ce9uyMrN1ce9uy Member Posts: 158 ✭✭
    edited June 22
    I am searching for the answer to the OP's question also. How much more profitable is a 1080 Ti mining other altcoins than a 1070 is mining ETH at 30MH/s? I have a 1070 mining at 30MH/s, so I'm curious about the 1080 Ti.
  • slavishtipkovslavishtipkov Member Posts: 11
    va23boam said:

Take that money you plan on spending on mining and just spend it all buying ether from an exchange. And then just leave it sitting idle in your wallet. After a few years youll look back and go yes. Great advice.

Thank you for advice, but I was thinking about couple of weeks and I think it's better for me now if I buy mining hardware instead of crypto values, because when I am mining I still can to save my coins and not to sale at least not all.
  • slavishtipkovslavishtipkov Member Posts: 11
    MrN1ce9uy said:

I am searching for the answer to the OP's question also. How much more profitable is a 1080 Ti mining other altcoins than a 1070 is mining ETH at 30MH/s? I have a 1070 mining at 30MH/s, so I'm curious about the 1080 Ti.

Hi dude, I am searching about this too, I am wondering if it's worth to take 1080 TI instead 1070, because of big hash rates at other currencies but it is x1.6 - x1.7 more money for it.
  • C0bra_2056C0bra_2056 Bavaria, GermanyMember Posts: 41
    The thing is, at the end you need to decide on your own, cause its your money.

For eth the gtx 1080ti the money is it not worth it, the RoI is so far away in future. For other coins it will be maybe profitable, so just google for an calculator and type your Information in it. And at the end you will see how much it will probaly make and hopefully it will make enough to pay out your card goog enough compared to other ones. If not, then you know your answer as well.
  • theneogeo1982theneogeo1982 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    Well I bought 60 of the zotac gtx 1070 mini... so hopefully itll be good :)
  • theneogeo1982theneogeo1982 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    how many you want lol
  • MrN1ce9uyMrN1ce9uy Member Posts: 158 ✭✭

The thing is, at the end you need to decide on your own, cause its your money.

For eth the gtx 1080ti the money is it not worth it, the RoI is so far away in future. For other coins it will be maybe profitable, so just google for an calculator and type your Information in it. And at the end you will see how much it will probaly make and hopefully it will make enough to pay out your card goog enough compared to other ones. If not, then you know your answer as well.

The thing about the calculators is we don't know the hashrates of all the other coins for the 1080 Ti.
  • RuthlessRuthless Member Posts: 15

how many you want lol

Are you actually selling some?
    edited June 25
    @MrN1ce9uy sure you can.
    The first calculator that shows the hashrate for mostly all currencies is https://whattomine.com/ (only for stock hashrate, sure you can increase it with Memory oc and i know it shows only the normal 1080).
    The second info is, if you just google for gtx 1080TI benchmark then you will find >this< where somebody used a program that benchmarks for mostly all coins (now you only need to know which algorythm is used for which coin) and thats it, you got the hashrate for the 1080ti and you can use the normal calculator again with These results :wink:
  • SamsanSamsan Member Posts: 36
    MrN1ce9uy said:

i have gtx1070 so my mining speed 25 mhs so how to get 30 mhs speed
  • matriceamatricea Member Posts: 23
    edited July 15
    I have a 1080 ti hybrid and i get around 31 mh/s as average, but on nicehash I get 66.
  • rmhrmh Member Posts: 229 ✭✭
    edited July 17
    Samsan said:

MrN1ce9uy said:

Increase memory clock.
  • sn4265sn4265 Member Posts: 10
    Samsan said:

MrN1ce9uy said:

As someone else said, increase your memory clock. You should be able to bump your memory clock 500-650 MHz pretty easy. At the same time you can probably reduce your power target to around 75% and depending on your fan profile still keep the card below 60C.
  • KlintistwoodKlintistwood Member Posts: 139
    With the current price, the 1060 is the most interesting one. It's still possible to get some around 200€ and it produces 23MH/s with Samsung memory. For a 1070, you'll pay at least 400€ and you'll end up with 32M/s with Samsung memory. So for twice the price, you don't get twice the hash. 1060 requires also less power. I don't see any better alternative so far as AMD cards are nowhere to be found at a reasonable price.
  • techtottechtot Member Posts: 314 ✭✭
    those are nice cards..should have bought more when newegg had 'em for $325. I didn't think there would be a bum rush for Nvidia cards like there was .. too bad.