105 ETH is missing, Is Mist wallet super buggy? Needs to resync after every boot up

SavatgySavatgy Member Posts: 13
Am I really supposed to wait the 10 to 20 hours it takes to sync the wallet every time I want to send or receive ETH?
I have 25 mb/s internet.

I'm really starting to question all of the hype about Ethereum because of how volatile its system seems to be.
I just want my ETH back and converted back to BITCOIN as soon as possible....

Comments

• PotarPotar Member Posts: 8
    You can use online exchanges and OFFLINE wallet, this wallet is not OFFLINE.
  • ForceliteForcelite Member Posts: 23
    edited June 2017
    It's the only way to do it unless you use an online service that has a wallet that itself is syncing all the time and thus you don't have to. How else is it going to get the track record of who's ethers who's? I do agree with you on one point, if we where 20 years into block chain it would take months to sync a wallet on your system and at that point would be unuseable. You would have to sync with an online wallet or have some other workaround .
  • rolandatsrolandats Member Posts: 17
    Hi maybe it helps running it in light mode:

How to Windows Ethereum Wallet.

1. Go to https://geth.ethereum.org/downloads/ download geth for windows and install
    2. Got to C:\Windows\Program Files\Geth
    3. Right Click on Geth.exe and choose "Create Shortcut"
    4. If not done automatically move the newly createt Shortcut to the desktop
    5. Right Click on the newly createt Shortcut on your desktop and choose "Properties"
    6. In the Target Box put the cursor behind "C:\Program Files\Geth\geth.exe" press spacebar and write -Light it should now read
    "C:\Program Files\Geth\geth.exe" -light
    7. Click Apply

8. Download the latest Ethereum wallet from https://github.com/ethereum/mist/releases make sure you choose the right version for your Operating Sytem. ie. 32 bit or 64 bit.
    9. Unzip the downloaded package. Inside the Unziped folder you will find a do;der called "win-unpacked"
    10. Move the Folder "win-unpacked" to your root on the C: Drive Sp that it is now C:\win-unpacked
    11. Rename the Folder "win-unpacked" to "Etherum_Wallet"
    12. got to the folder "Ethereum_Wallet"
    13. Right Click on "Ethereum Wallet.exe" and choose "Create Shortcut"
    14. In the Target Box put the cursor behind "C:\Ethereum_Wallet\Ethereum Wallet.exe" and write -node-light it should now read
    "C:\Ethereum_Wallet\Ethereum Wallet.exe" -node-light
    15. Click Apply
    16. Start geth.exe by double clicking on the geth.exe shortcut
    17. Wait a minute till you see that it starts syncing blocks
    18. Click on the Ethereum Wallet.exe shortcut and your Wallet will open and start syncing

Cheers