Problems with installing driver for GTX 1070

LittleBongoLittleBongo Member Posts: 14
Hi,
I have problems with installing the driver for my GTX 1070 on my ethOS 1.2.2. It almost finishes, but the something goes wrong with some kernel stuff...

I'm new att Linux, so I really don't know how to solve this now. Any suggestions on how to install the driver in good, easy way (if there is...)?

Thanks!

Answers

• PercyPeaPercyPea Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm new to this too but hopefully the below may help. Officially EthOS is for AMD only cards, but I have got it working with my old Nvidia 660TI running claymore manually.

I'm running drivers 367.57 as they were closest in version number to what claymore recommends that i could find. I've not tried others.

To download them, do (please note, i'm manually typing these so may have typed mistakes) :-
    sudo wget http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/367.57/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-367.57.run

then

sudo chmod +x NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-367.57.run

then

sudo ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-367.57.run --no-x-check

and complete the install.

I then may have restarted (not sure)

but then type

minestop

and

disallow

to stop whatever EthOS is trying to mine with

then type

cd /opt/miners/claymore

then type

vi start.bash

which lets you edit the start.bash file (look into 'vi' instructions on how to edit, but basically press 'a' to allow editing, then when you are done press ESC and then type :w to save the file, then :q to quit

then type
    sh start.bash

and assuming your claymore start.bash file is correct, hopefully you will start mining :)

If claymore complains, it may be that the drivers didn't install properly

So basically, you can't mine with EthOS default mining stuff (that i've found) but you can manually start claymore and get it mining.
  • LittleBongoLittleBongo Member Posts: 14
    Thanks!
    I'll try this!
  • SamsanSamsan Member Posts: 39