Rx 570 Nitro+ power light on no HDMI output help!?

polowpolow Member Posts: 1
Hello,

Just received brand new Rx 570 Nitro+ from amazon a week ago, installed all the parts of the rig and when i wanted to try the GPU the GPU Sapphire logo's light is on but HDMI doesn't display anything, it did display before Updating the Motherboard Bios and Installing windows 10 64 Bit.

I accessed bios of Motherboard "MSI" to see if there's anything attached to the PCIE sluts but seems like motherboard can't see the GPU at all.

Specs :

4 GB ram
1200 PSU Corsair
MSI 170a gaming pro carbon Motherboard
120 SSD
Sapphire RX 570 Nitro+ 4GB *

Please help

Answers

• eth_shiftyeth_shifty Member Posts: 52
    Can you clarify - you say that you accessed the bios. Does that mean that you get HDMI display during POST and such, but not in Windows? When exactly in the process does it cut out?
  • zekrizekri Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2017

Can you clarify - you say that you accessed the bios. Does that mean that you get HDMI display during POST and such, but not in Windows? When exactly in the process does it cut out?

HDMI cable conected to motherboard directly so i can access bios and windows.
    When hdmi cable connected to Rx 570 nothing on the screen even thought my keyboard's num lock button is on which means everything is ok but no output fron the gpu.

Edit : oh and by the way when logged in windows there's nothig in device manager and AMD driver can't be installed since it can't detect any AMD devices.
    Thank you
    Ah ok, I doubt this is much help, but connect it directly to the PCIe if it is using a riser. Also, make sure that the GPU light is happy. Often they GPU will have a red light or something next to the molex connector if it is not getting enough power / correct voltage.
    edited June 2017

Ah ok, I doubt this is much help, but connect it directly to the PCIe if it is using a riser. Also, make sure that the GPU light is happy. Often they GPU will have a red light or something next to the molex connector if it is not getting enough power / correct voltage.

8 pins connected to the gpu and i have attached it to motherboard pci slut without using risers, SAPPHIRE logo's light is on, don't know but it worked before with the same installation process.
    Well, the light isnt the same as the status LED. Typically, those buttons will swap between BIOS versions. Very useful if you have one that is corrupt, or if you don't have legacy support on your mobo. In fact, I'd try switching it off (pressing the button), then rebooting. If that fails, play with the UEFI / legacy settings in your BIOS. Seems like you have four different permutations possible. I'd try them all.

Well, the light isnt the same as the status LED. Typically, those buttons will swap between BIOS versions. Very useful if you have one that is corrupt, or if you don't have legacy support on your mobo. In fact, I'd try switching it off (pressing the button), then rebooting. If that fails, play with the UEFI / legacy settings in your BIOS. Seems like you have four different permutations possible. I'd try them all.

Can you please elaborate ? I am not an expert but willing to do my best to fix this.