Where is all the hardware?

scubabuddhascubabuddha Member Posts: 12
I know I'm late to the party but with the recent jump in price, it seems like a no-brainer to try to mine. The problem I'm having is that I can't find hardware! Where are all the RX 470/480/570/580 cards?! They seem to be out of stock everywhere all the time.

I figured the motherboards would be easy to source but the best ones seem to be out of stock too!

Are miners eating up all this hardware? Where do you guys source your components? Newegg and Amazon seem like the obvious choices but they just don't have stock...

Best Answers

Answers

• praestopraesto Member Posts: 115
    BUTUZ said:

You answered your own question really, big price increase, everyone wants to mine, everyone buys cards, no cards left. Simples.

Yeah I saw this and ignored it because I didn't think it needed a response lol.

That being said Ben8jam, you clearly have A LOT of research to do. You can mine with ANY mobo, cpu, gpu, psu, etc. Profitability will depend on how much you spend and how much power you consume.

If you scored 5 RX470's above the $200 MSRP then that is not actually a good thing as it impacts your profitability. Due to hash-rate decay it permanently impacts your profitability.
  • ben8jamben8jam Member Posts: 37
    praesto said:

That being said Ben8jam, you clearly have A LOT of research to do. You can mine with ANY mobo, cpu, gpu, psu, etc. Profitability will depend on how much you spend and how much power you consume.

If you scored 5 RX470's above the $200 MSRP then that is not actually a good thing as it impacts your profitability. Due to hash-rate decay it permanently impacts your profitability.

Yeh, I overspent a bit on the motherboard (MSI Gaming), but I did read that board HAD to use a skylark CPU overwise it won't run more then 4 GPUs, so you can't been too loose with "any".

As for the GPUs, they were $179 from Amazon direct, no shipping no tax (tax free state). I also got 7 RX 570s for $199 so debating which will be best as seeing the non-Plus Nitro cards are a bit finikier. They're not in my hands yet, so all conjecture.

• MaguaryMaguary Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2017
    Its a conspiracy, Ethereum was made by AMD, to sell billions of GPUS to slave everyone, they also own 80% of the energy production industry, look at the A from AMD? Familiar? Yeap, its the All Seeing Eye, they are Illuminati!

Besides jokes, yeah, you answered your own question.
  • Rich2016Rich2016 Member Posts: 132
    Maguary said:

Its a conspiracy, Ethereum was made by AMD, to sell billions of GPUS to slave everyone, they also own 80% of the energy production industry, look at the A from AMD? Familiar? Yeap, its the All Seeing Eye, they are Illuminati!

Besides jokes, yeah, you answered your own question.

LMAO