Where are all those early miners who dumped their mined ETH for BTC in 2015 & 2016?!

MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
Check my account date -- I was here in the beginning.

I told you all not to dump that ETH for BTC!

You should have listened! ;)

Comments

• o0ragman0oo0ragman0o Member, Moderator Posts: 1,291 mod
    Some of us kept the faith :). Times I've sold was, to repay my initial rig loan, elec bill, complete sellout running from TheDAO hack and buying back in at about 1/2 my value :( and to buy a dedicated dev laptop. Still, pretty humble holdings even now given I had so little to put in from the start. But for those few 1000, I'm hugely better off now.

Though crypto across the board is dumping massively, lost about $20~30B today out of a $90B high a few days ago, going to be a lot of newbie butt-hurt.
  • MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    Everything is dumping, but that's part of the circle of life in the world of crypto.

You know that well by now. ;)

What we hope to see here is a contraction back to a level that is still higher than the previous low, and then repeat from there through a series of expansions and contractions.

Over the years, if you hold strong enough and long enough, you will come out a winner.
  • Wolf0Wolf0 Member Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    Right here! No regrets, either - couldn't have known, so I did what I thought was best.
  • BUTUZBUTUZ Member Posts: 139 ✭✭
    Keep 50% dump 50% you do that and you'll always be making a killing.
  • mmxmmx Montreal, QCMember Posts: 110 ✭✭
    MrYukonC said:

Check my account date -- I was here in the beginning.

I told you all not to dump that ETH for BTC!

You should have listened! ;)

Didn't you sell your GPUs a few months ago?
  • MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    mmx said:

Didn't you sell your GPUs a few months ago?

Yeah, I did. Because it was cheaper and easier to buy ETH directly than to keep competing with what is turning out to be an exponential difficulty increase. ;)
  • ethfanethfan Member Posts: 458 ✭✭✭
    @ragman, still keeping your brilliant article in mind. We now see the second order of magnitude increase. Waiting for the next...