6 Gpus on Asrock Fatal1ty B250 GAMING K4

supguyssupguys Posts: 21Member
- Hi guys, I recently bought the parts to build 4 rigs with the following config each one.:

- Mobo Asrock Fatal1ty B250 GAMING K4
- 6 RX 470 4Gb. Different assemblers.
- 4GB Corsair Vengeance 2133
- Celeron G3900
- Windows 10 x64p

- For now, I've only been able to make the system recongnize 5 GPUs, but no luck with the sixth one. Even that the system is totally unsatable, some time only recognizes 4 GPUs.

- I would like to know if anyone in the forum has found a solution or have encounter this problem. I actually found a threat here that mention this MOBO but anything else. Essentially I have this situation but for some reason I believe I'am the only one who cant make all 6 GPUs work.

- I also found this but it's the same.

Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Dave2kDave2k Posts: 46Member
    - can you test one rig with 8GB RAM?
    - on my board i had to set all slots to GEN1 und Enable above 4G decoding, do you have similar BIOS settings?
    - how did you install your cards? one by one?
    i looked up your board, for the GEN1 suggestion of my previous post, you would need to set the Chipset Configuration -> PCIE LINK SPEED to 1x ... (there is no Option other than "AUTO" mentioned in the manual, so i guess, go for the lowest).
  • supguyssupguys Posts: 21Member
    edited May 20
    Dave2k said:

- can you test one rig with 8GB RAM?
    - on my board i had to set all slots to GEN1 und Enable above 4G decoding, do you have similar BIOS settings?
    - how did you install your cards? one by one?

- Yes I tried 8Gb configuration. But it's basicly the same.
    - Which board do you have?

- I installed the system entirely with one GPU, once everything was set up i installed the other ones.
    Dave2k said:

i looked up your board, for the GEN1 suggestion of my previous post, you would need to set the Chipset Configuration -> PCIE LINK SPEED to 1x ... (there is no Option other than "AUTO" mentioned in the manual, so i guess, go for the lowest).

- If I leave all the chipset settings by default (auto) and TOLUD in auto, the OS sees all the 6 GPUs but 3 of them have the code 12 error at device manager.

- If I set al PCI-E to GEN1 and unplug 2 GPUs I am able to have 4 GPUs working.

- If I set TOLUD at 3.5 GB, PCI-E (auto instead GEN1) and unplug the last GPU, I'am able to get (some times) all 5 GPUs working.

- If I plug the last GPU to have all 6 working, just after shut down the system with 5 of them working. the system boots, but the OS wont start, it reboots itself two times after turn on the PC and enters at the recovery options. I tried to continue to OS or restart but the windows never starts. I have to unplug the 6th card to start the system or even some times I have to clear CMOS.

- About "Chipset Configuration -> PCIE LINK SPEED to 1x" option you mention, yes GEN1 is the lowest but for 5 GPUs only works at auto, I simply don't understand why.

- About "Enable above 4G decoding" well I haven't see this option at the UEFI or something like that. I also update the UEFI to the 2.00 version wich is the last one.

- Thanks for taking the time to review my case and check my MOBO manual.

- Any suggestion I'm listening and I'm gonna try them, but tomorrow, I've been awake like 26 hours trying to find a solution for this.

- Is the one in the lower part.

Apparently he succeed with all 6 GPUs. HERE
    supguys said:

- Which board do you have?

MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON

I wrote a guide for the process i went through, because i had some trouble aswell.
    supguys said:

- I installed the system entirely with one GPU, once everything was set up i installed the other ones.

- If I leave all the chipset settings by default (auto) and TOLUD in auto, the OS sees all the 6 GPUs but 3 of them have the code 12 error at device manager.

I had a similar issue, i had either a BSOD with ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY or Code 12 on my cards. My Problem was solved by installing one GPU, like you did, with default BIOS Options. After installing all drivers i rebooted the system, set the BIOS PCIE Settings to GEN1 etc. then in shutdown the motherboard and installed the risers + GPUS. After that, everything worked. Windows was seeing all cards. I knew it was a Windows problem, because i booted a Ubuntu and looked if it had all cards detected and functional. It had, so i was "sure" that my BIOS settings were correct.

I was _not_ able to install cards one by one. Since i had to RMA 2 cards i started with 4 cards only. Adding the other ones when they returned, caused problems like explained above. I had to DDU and reinstall the drivers as i stated.
    supguys said:

- If I plug the last GPU to have all 6 working, just after shut down the system with 5 of them working. the system boots, but the OS wont start, it reboots itself two times after turn on the PC and enters at the recovery options. I tried to continue to OS or restart but the windows never starts. I have to unplug the 6th card to start the system or even some times I have to clear CMOS.

This sounds pretty much like the problem i had. Please, if you haven't try it step by step alongside my guides first section.
    supguys said:

- About "Chipset Configuration -> PCIE LINK SPEED to 1x" option you mention, yes GEN1 is the lowest but for 5 GPUs only works at auto, I simply don't understand why.

Me neither ...
    supguys said:

- Thanks for taking the time to review my case and check my MOBO manual.

- Any suggestion I'm listening and I'm gonna try them, but tomorrow, I've been awake like 26 hours trying to find a solution for this.

No Problem, i also had a very sleep-depraved time, when my miner didn't work. :wink:
    I really hope that you find the solution.

another thing, that i just thought of, did you try disabling the integrated GPU ?
  • pakebilingpakebiling Posts: 4Member
    i managed to make it work with 6GPUs
    code 12 was solved by turning TOLUD to 3.5 and to make it work with 6 GPUs without restart loop and recovery what you need to do is plug 1 GPU and go into windows and clean all the AMD driver with DDU and after that plug all of your 6 GPUs without any driver should be able to detect 6 of them and boot into windows and follow this video

Dave2k said:

another thing, that i just thought of, did you try disabling the integrated GPU ?

THIS MOBO don't have DISABLE INTEGRATED GRAPHICS option, you just can choose which PRIMARY GRAPHICS DIPLAY you need.
  • GunawanGunawan Posts: 3Member
    now i'm getting this trouble too.
    motherboard asrock b250 Gaming k4
    processor intel i3 6100K
    memopru 2x4gb
    gpu 6 x Sapphire RX 580 nitro+ 8gb Limited Edition

any gpu insert to pcie slot number 2 from above it will false read by gpu-z and cant set the cclock and mclock. and speed @claymore will be only 4mhs.

@supguys are you successfully run your 6 GPU? i can run 6GPU full speed 30mhs but it cant stable and will become error after restart and its hard to get it back
    @Gunawan Yes I am, but with EthOS. Check your risers. That Mobo does not work really well for mining with Windows, you may try the trick @pakebiling shared with us and let us know how was for you that trick.
    @supguys can we set cclock and mclock with ethOS?
    and remote desktop too?
    Yes, Yes and NO, but you can manage your rig remotely.
    @supguys are you buying from gpushark or download it free from someone? is that any different?