MSI RX570 Gaming X Overclock no effect

leelaam13leelaam13 Posts: 18Member
I facing with this problem
I have MSI RX570 Gaming X 4G Card, I'm use MSI Afterburner for O.C, but when increase Core Clock and Mem Clock, both are slow down hastrate (Claymore - GPU-Z show that Coreclock and mem clock affected)

from 22MHs to 19MHs or lower, reset and it's back to normal
I don't know why?

Somebody help me
thanks you

Comments

• yodiyodi Posts: 231Member ✭✭
    flash your card , check sort of memory and copy good straps , and look for unsignature patch or bios mod wont work , then you have to push mem clock to 1920 and more to see how it s stable, you don't need to push core clock for eth or dual , just reduce it to 1120~
  • leelaam13leelaam13 Posts: 18Member
    yodi said:

flash your card , check sort of memory and copy good straps , and look for unsignature patch or bios mod wont work , then you have to push mem clock to 1920 and more to see how it s stable, you don't need to push core clock for eth or dual , just reduce it to 1120~

thank you Yodi
    my card Bios can't read by PolarisBiosEditor

what can I do now
    my bios rom, please help :'(
  • MildaMilda Posts: 13Member
    TEST: 1070/1750 - 96mV = 24 Mhs ???
    edited April 25
    Milda said:

TEST: 1070/1750 - 96mV = 24 Mhs ???

I had tried this but no affect hashrate, NO mod bios and latest AMD driver.

But GPU power look very good, thank you !

GPU-Z info

• crack888weicrack888wei Posts: 8Member

Copy the number of coverage ?
  • cidmocidmo Posts: 314Member ✭✭
    edited April 26
    copy the 1500s to the ones above it for both 1: and 2:
    if that works with no problems with max OC u could try 1425
    just make sure u copy 1:1500 to 1:1625 1:1750 1:2000
    then 2:1500 to 2:1625 etc etc
    thanks all, i had solved myself

leelaam13 Can u share bios Let me learn to compare thx
    copy 1:1500 to 1:1625、1:1750、1:2000
    copy 2:1500 to 2:1652、2:1750、2:2000

if that works with no problems chang

copy 1:1425 to 1:1625、1:1750、1:2000
    copy 2:1425 to 2:1652、2:1750、2:2000

or

copy 1:1425 to 1:1500、1:1625、1:1750、1:2000
    copy 2:1425 to 2:1500、2:1652、2:1750、2:2000
    edited April 26
    leelaam13 thx you video。Thanks for letting me understand no copy 1:1500 <---That's my problem

Whether i can ? copy 1:1500 to 1:1625、1:1750、1:2000 and copy 2:1500 to 2:1652、2:1750、2:2000 Modified together?
    I'm try copy 1:1750 to 2000, after flash BIOS, MSI afterburner wrong power metter sensor. I don't know why
    so I'm leave 1: and copy only 2: then it's worked
    Thank you crack888wei but I'm just a newbie in bitcoin mining, he he
    And what card you're using? same with me or not
    I had reach 29.4MHs hashrate but see in HWiNFO64 it was got GPU Memory Errors.
    So I'm decrease Memclock for stable
    edited April 27
    leelaam13 thank u again i try copy 1:1500 to 1:1625、1:1750、1:2000 copy 2:1500 to 2:1652、2:1750、2:2000 is working,but copy 2:1500 to 2:1652、2:1750、2:2000 is Black screen。You can test a rx570 on a computer 。anyway leelaam13 You are the best teacher。thank u again~

1.iusing MSI RX570 4G (Hynix) too
    2.How do you know GPU Memory Errors?
    Thank you~^^Nice to meet you

• persian12persian12 Posts: 9Member
    question did someone test this method with any dual mining and multiple cards?
  • GauravastarGauravastar Posts: 17Member
    Rx570 is stable only at 27.7MHS
    This video shows actual speed of overclocked rx570.

• freakypunkerfreakypunker Posts: 8Member
    Hi all,

I'm new in this mining world.

Just got two msi gaming x rx570. Drivers were installed all fine. When I'm trying to overclock the card using msi afterburner it does not allow me to make any modifications. Did I miss anything that is not allowing me to overclock the card?

Best regards

Rx570 is stable only at 27.7MHS
    This video shows actual speed of overclocked rx570.

How did you make the msi afterburner working?

My card driver is installed, all seems ok but the card only mine at 22MHs and when I open msi afterburner i cannot make any changes also it doesn't show me the clock speed, memory or anything. but it recognize the rx570 card.

I really need help. I don't know what to do in this case.

Thanks
  • Wolf0Wolf0 Posts: 277Member ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm new in this mining world.

Just got two msi gaming x rx570. Drivers were installed all fine. When I'm trying to overclock the card using msi afterburner it does not allow me to make any modifications. Did I miss anything that is not allowing me to overclock the card?

Best regards

Because it uses an NCP81022, dude!
    Wolf0 said:

Sorry but I don't understand what you said. I got the same card than @leelam13 and as far as I can see he is able to overclock the card with msi afterburner.

Wolf0 said:

Sorry but I don't understand what you said. I got the same card than @leelam13 and as far as I can see he is able to overclock the card with msi afterburner.
    Oops, you said MSI Gaming X RX 570. If it's the same as my MSI Gaming X RX 580 8G, it uses a uP9505P controller (I had to write in support for this chip into my Linux voltage toolset, but it was worth it, cause it's got a lot of cool features!) This means for you, though, that you probably won't be able to control it until someone who's maintaining Trixx or MSI AB gets around to adding in support for it.

Wolf0 said:

use amd clean utility to uninstall AMD driver, you can do twice for sure
    Download latest AMD driver and install it
    You can follow this video to mod your card:
  • BluesunBluesun Posts: 18Member
    Wolf0 said:

Wolf0 said:

Oops, you said MSI Gaming X RX 570. If it's the same as my MSI Gaming X RX 580 8G, it uses a uP9505P controller (I had to write in support for this chip into my Linux voltage toolset, but it was worth it, cause it's got a lot of cool features!) This means for you, though, that you probably won't be able to control it until someone who's maintaining Trixx or MSI AB gets around to adding in support for it.
    Can you point me in the right direction for doing this in Linux? I've see the /sys/class/drm/card0/device/ interface described places, but installing the most recent drivers in Ubuntu Server, I didn't see it.
    Bluesun said:

Wolf0 said:

Wolf0 said:

Can you point me in the right direction for doing this in Linux? I've see the /sys/class/drm/card0/device/ interface described places, but installing the most recent drivers in Ubuntu Server, I didn't see it.
    You can't, not using the existing driver - I wrote my own tools which bypass the AMDGPU driver and directly talks to the hardware. I can basically do everything WattTool can, except I can do a lot more, and I can do it on several different VRM controllers, not just one. I'm actually in the process of adding preliminary code for another I found on my ASUS ROG STRIX 470 4G cards. I believe (haven't looked too deep yet, so don't take this as fact) that they have memory voltage handled by a controller I can chat with and control, unlike most RX cards. I'm exploring this while probing it and writing the code to interface with it and expose its full power to me via the command line.
  • BluesunBluesun Posts: 18Member
    Wolf0 said:

Bluesun said:

You can't, not using the existing driver - I wrote my own tools which bypass the AMDGPU driver and directly talks to the hardware. I can basically do everything WattTool can, except I can do a lot more, and I can do it on several different VRM controllers, not just one. I'm actually in the process of adding preliminary code for another I found on my ASUS ROG STRIX 470 4G cards. I believe (haven't looked too deep yet, so don't take this as fact) that they have memory voltage handled by a controller I can chat with and control, unlike most RX cards. I'm exploring this while probing it and writing the code to interface with it and expose its full power to me via the command line.
    Interesting. So you're talking to it strictly as a PCI device, then? This sort of thing is right up my alley (I'm a computer engineer, most of my work has been on embedded systems), although I've never worked with PCI stuff before -- not at that level, anyhow. I can imagine a way to find the correct offsets for some of these values in memory, but at the moment that's about it. More than anything, I'd like to be able to overclock/undervolt cards without flashing new firmware every time...

If you're willing to, I'd be greatly interested in anything you are willing to share (either via reply or DM). Thanks for even letting me know this sort of thing is feasible -- I suspected it was, but hadn't read of anyone doing it.
    Bluesun said:

Wolf0 said:

Bluesun said:

Interesting. So you're talking to it strictly as a PCI device, then? This sort of thing is right up my alley (I'm a computer engineer, most of my work has been on embedded systems), although I've never worked with PCI stuff before -- not at that level, anyhow. I can imagine a way to find the correct offsets for some of these values in memory, but at the moment that's about it. More than anything, I'd like to be able to overclock/undervolt cards without flashing new firmware every time...

If you're willing to, I'd be greatly interested in anything you are willing to share (either via reply or DM). Thanks for even letting me know this sort of thing is feasible -- I suspected it was, but hadn't read of anyone doing it.
    I'll give you one more freebie - don't try this shit on Fiji cards (assuming AMDGPU is loaded) without first telling the SMC to release it. For some reason, on certain cards (only Fiji, for me, and oddly enough also Gigabyte G1 GAMING RX 580 and Gigabyte AORUS XTR RX 580) the firmware shit will lock the bus - if you read/write to it more than a few times, the card gets confused, and is useless until reboot. So, first thing you'll need to do in the case of these kinds of GPUs is to use an SMC message to tell it to gtfo your bus. I'm working on finding a suitable message - I can't really tell the SMC to fuck right off, because it will: it'll revert clocks to bootup state, and basically do nothing. I don't want to have to do all that work in my code, so looking for a polite way to tell it to release the bus.
    leelaam13 said:

Wolf0 said:

use amd clean utility to uninstall AMD driver, you can do twice for sure
    Download latest AMD driver and install it
    You can follow this video to mod your card:
    thanks very much. I will try it again.

Best Regards
  • yodiyodi Posts: 231Member ✭✭
    i m so so bad everytime i see consumation about new rx500 series ... damm 0.01v + tsss
  • AlexxAlexx Posts: 15Member
    Wolf0 said:

I'll give you one more freebie - don't try this shit on Fiji cards (assuming AMDGPU is loaded) without first telling the SMC to release it. For some reason, on certain cards (only Fiji, for me, and oddly enough also Gigabyte G1 GAMING RX 580 and Gigabyte AORUS XTR RX 580) the firmware shit will lock the bus - if you read/write to it more than a few times, the card gets confused, and is useless until reboot. So, first thing you'll need to do in the case of these kinds of GPUs is to use an SMC message to tell it to gtfo your bus. I'm working on finding a suitable message - I can't really tell the SMC to fuck right off, because it will: it'll revert clocks to bootup state, and basically do nothing. I don't want to have to do all that work in my code, so looking for a polite way to tell it to release the bus.

So this is why my Gaming 580/8 and Aorus 580/8 don't respond the same way as RedDevil 580/8 does in the same Hynix bios?
    Anything I can do about it?