Will this rig work?... Importing to South America

jjlordenjjlorden Posts: 2Member
edited March 24 in IoT & Hardware
Hey all,
I'm putting a series of mining rigs together in South America... where several critical components are just not available. So, I have to send in an international shipment... and I really don't want to F up my hardware. I would love some feedback if there are any holes in the gear I plan on sending, if you see one or have a better idea, please post... these rigs will be set up to mine ETH & Zcash. I plan to set them up as 6 GPU rigs...

Incidentally if you live somewhere in Chile and want some gear let me know, we can work out a way to piggyback your gear in my shipment.

Here's the gear I plan to import:
Mobos - Biostar TB85 LGA 1150
GPUs - Sapphire NITRO Radeon R9 Fury HBM
Risers - ??? have read about some overheating issues ... so I plan to buy some with separate Molex connectors... 4pin, 8pin? don't really know how to choose the right ones here, never used risers before.

Here's the gear I can source locally
PSU - CoolerMaster 1200W 80Plus Platinum V series (EVGA not available)
CPU - Pentium G3260 3.3Ghz (may also do Celeron G1820 2.7GHZ ) Will it make a difference?
Ram - 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz
SSD - Kingston 120GB Sata 3 UV400
OS - Win 10 (would prefer to use Linux, but read that it does not support overclocking and win 10 is ultimately more effective)

The idea is to buy this stuff one time and have it kick ass, or at least not become obsolete in the next 3 years. I want to stack coins, not necessarily have the most cost effective rigs b/c it's a pain in the ass to upgrade my hardware.

If there is an AMD board which would serve my purpose better... I'd love to hear about it as well.

Thanks in advance,

jj
Post edited by jjlorden on