ethOS Mining OS
ethOS is a 64-bit linux OS that mines Ethereum, Zcash, Monero, and other GPU-minable coins. Altcoins can be autotraded to Bitcoin.http://ethosdistro.com
There are 6000+ total ethOS rigs currently mining.
- Boots and mines: Automatic IP/hostname assignment, no need to install any drivers, configure XWindows, or compile any software.
- Supports multiple coins: Ready to mine Ethereum, Zcash, Monero and many other gpu-minable coins.
- Browser-based terminal: allow setup and configuration of ethOS rigs by connecting to their IP addresses via your web browser.
- Supports all hardforks and softforks: Blockchain syncing handled by pools and wallets.
- Supports up to 8 AMD GPUs: Any 2GB+ HD 7000 series, any R9 200/300/Fury/Nano, and any RX 400 series.
- Works on your hardware: Running on thousands of rigs with thousands of different components.
- Remote configuration: Instruct rig to remote reboot, set core clocks, mem clocks, fan control, pool info, and other settings remotely.
- Extremely lightweight: Works with weakest possible CPU made in the last 5 generations on only 2gb of ram.
- GPU overheat protection: GPUs will automatically throttle or turn off if they reach temperature thresholds.
- Stratum enabled: Automatically configured to mine via efficient stratum.
- Automatic reporting: Web panel with detailed rig statistics, charts, and event reports (example).
- Easy KVM: A terminal window opens with focus on boot, no mouse required.
- Easy update: Update to the latest ethOS version with a single command.
- Fast startup: Fast miner startup, low disk/cpu usage, and no out-of-space issues.
- Bios flashing: atiflash utility allows for quick gpu bios flashing.
ethOS 1.2.0 changelog (released Mar 16th 2017)
Added automatic FGLRX/AMDGPU driver detection system to ethOS startup (no more driver switching
Updated ethOS to AMDGPU 16.60, resulting in a slightly increased hashrate.
Updated ethOS to kernel 4.8.17, resulting in increased stability and a slightly increased hashrate.
Updated ethOS AMDGPU overclock script, resulting in increased stability during overclocking.
Updated all mining programs to their latest versions as of this release.
Added promptless filesystem check and auto-repair to ethOS startup.
Added support for 8+ AMDGPU GPUs with headless mode (globaldesktop disabled
and desktop [worker] disabled
Launched configmaker.com and added instructions where necessary.
Fixed a runaway system load issue that results from incorrectly sampling GPU temperatures.
Prevented automatic restart of miners if a GPU overheated.
Added loadbalancer to ethOS update to reduce chances of errors during update.
Allowed config interpreter to silently recognize and fix spacing errors.
Fixed a case where switching between sgminer-gm and sgminer-gm-xmr did not restart miner.
Fixed a bug that prevented RX series GPUs from throttling correctly if overheated.
Fixed cases where optiminer-zcash failed to restart if it experienced a non-fatal error.
Prevented incorrect CPU temperature detection from affecting other ethOS systems.
Increased speed of ethosdistro.com stats panel by optimizing stats collection.
Cosmetic Changes and Cleanup
Added warning for "No GPUs" if booting ethOS with no GPUs detected.
Cleaned up locations and directories of mining programs.
Added instructions for installing the latest versions of miners to ethOS knowledge base.
Added video guides to ethOS knowledge base.
Reduced potential difficulty of setting dual-mining options in claymore.
Reduced potential of cosmetic errors from appearing during ethOS startup.
Modified AMDGPU kernel model to reduce cosmetic errors.
Customized ethOS kernel configuration to remove unnecessary hardware options.
Prevented situations where the on-boot GPU list got cut off by other boot process lines.
Reduced ethOS size by 100MB by cleaning up driver packages.
Reduced ethOS size by another 300MB by optimizing driver switching method.
Removed vestigial driver switching code.
Removed vestigial driver cleanup code.
Properly reported claymore hashrate as zero if a GPU is in a crashed state.
Refactored ethOS startup services to support desktopless boot, where applicable.
Removed unnecessary system startup services.
Reduced size of updater file.
Removed all references to old driver switching methodology.
Reduced disk writes by moving /tmp/ to ramdisk.
Added sorting to version numbers in ethosdistro.com stats panel.
Cleaned up the way GPU names are displayed in ethosdistro.com stats panel.
Added status condition in ethosdistro.com stats panel if "[worker] off" is specified in config.
Added "R" (remote config) or "L" (local config) next to rig name in ethosdistro.com stats panel.