new to ETH

hoangstshoangsts Posts: 10Member
running RX 480 on dawrf pool and only 23mh/s ??

Comments

• theneogeo1982theneogeo1982 Posts: 530Member ✭✭✭
    You need more info than that guy... Comeon...... Is it stock settings I assume? Did you flash? What is setup? Temp?
  • hoangstshoangsts Posts: 10Member
    yes out of the box setting and the temp is 25-30C .. after 12hrs it is show on the pool as follow: Calc Hashrate(MHs) 32MH/S and Sent Hashrate(MHs) 12MH/S
    23-25 is normal for stock settings card... you need to flash bios on card to get better hashrate and overclock
    will do, thank you
  • AnimeHeroAnimeHero Posts: 8Member
    Thought that I would comment here because I am also new. I have an XFX 480 8GB and My gilfriend is bringing me back two more 480 4GBs tonight after she gets off work. I want to know the recommended local.config settings for ethOS. Here is a picture of my settings.

Looks good... try it and let it run for hours to see if stable.. if you want to use windows 10, you can flash bios and overclock easier
    It is definitely stable, the temperature is a safe 60 degrees Celsius. I expect this to go up when I add two more GPUs later tonight. I set globalpowertune to 4 because a youtuber recommended it although the default is 20? I don't know what globalpowertune does exactly.

I spent $40 on ethOS so I'm using it, I also like the convenience of linux distros. The OS is on a 16GB flash drive.

Now if I flash the bios what speeds can I get on the 8GB and 4GB models? I would like to avoid bricking my GPUs.

Thank you for the speedy reply neo.
    forgot picture

edited March 6
    you bought from gpushack? i just got one too :) will arrives sometimes next week.. in the mean time i am testing out the RX 480 8gb. since you are running on Ethos, do you have to flash its bios? or flash bios only when running on windows?

Neo, whats to look for when flash bios on these rx 480 8gb? i openned it up on the "polariseditor" and i really don't know which or what to change? please help. thnks
    @hoangsts to be honest I don't really know what I am doing. I simply followed this tutorial when I first setup my rig:

I have not flashed anything, I am running ethOS from a 16GB usb stick that I boot from the BIOS. THe best thing about ethOS seems to be the way that it automatically optimizes most of the settings to some extent.
    Man, I did the same and bought ethos... I kind of regret it and switched to windows 10 for ease of use and flash cards
    i've tried to flash my gpu all night and kept going back to program the default ones in order for it to works..