ASUS DUAL-RX480-O4G mod

2»

Comments

• ghapnayaghapnaya Member Posts: 23
    i got 28+MHs on asus daul rx470 4gb
    and i will try for more hashrate
  • trevgranttrevgrant Member Posts: 16
    What settings are giving you these rates? Would be grateful for a screenshot if possible?
    crismon 16.9.2
    Core\Memory=1150\1985
    VCore\Vmemory=900\1000
    First copy strap 1500 to upper straps and then copy 1450 to 1500
    hashrate is 28+MH\s
    non relative question
    do you think this mother board can support PCIe for riser?
    gigabyte ga-p41es3g
    this mainboard has 1 PCIe 16x and 3 PCIe 1x
    when i am using PCIe 1x Motherboard dosent work.
    i'm wondering that problem is motherboard or risers or other things.
    ghapnaya said:

non relative question
    do you think this mother board can support PCIe for riser?
    gigabyte ga-p41es3g
    this mainboard has 1 PCIe 16x and 3 PCIe 1x
    when i am using PCIe 1x Motherboard dosent work.
    i'm wondering that problem is motherboard or risers or other things.

no solution?
  • trevgranttrevgrant Member Posts: 16
    Sounds like the motherboard may not be compatible but I'm certainly not an expert I'm afraid
  • Kira625Kira625 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 1
    ghapnaya said:

after all F**** play with bios and others i got 27MH/s on ETHer
    this VGA is so bad.

Please tell me on what settings (mv / MHz) you got 27MH/s on this card. I have poor ASIC = 63%, and 1625->2000, 930mV/1150MHz at core & 910mV/1860MHz at GDDR and have 23,5MH/s

P.S. Sorry, did not look at second page.
    Post edited by Kira625 on
  • emre07691emre07691 Member Posts: 12
    ghapnaya said:

crismon 16.9.2
    Core\Memory=1150\1985
    VCore\Vmemory=900\1000
    First copy strap 1500 to upper straps and then copy 1450 to 1500
    hashrate is 28+MH\s

is this for the asus dual rx480 hynix memory?
  • cristisstcristisst Member Posts: 11
    I didn't succeed either to get more than 24mhs on the card with hynix memory. Any value higher than 1750 on memory crashes the system.
  • ShayanTheThiefShayanTheThief Member Posts: 21
    edited August 14
    Hi. Bought 4 of these cards(8gb) a while back. Built a mining rig and it's running for 60 hours now. Fully stable and temps not getting higher than 67 degrees on each card.i did the bios mod and tried to tweak them with msi afterburner but it crashes after i raise the memory clock more than 1960(never tried more than this) and lowered the core clock from 1305 to 1150 to reduce power consumption and temps.With all that aside i get 25.7MH/s on eatch card using claymore miner. I never had experience using other gpus rather than 980 and 970.i'm thinking of putting my 970 in my mining rig to compensate the missing 20 MH =) I dont really recommend modding the card in a hard way as that can melt down the memory modules for sure.asus graphics cards especially the dual series cards are not that good for overclocking.and they have a small heatsink with no thermal pads on memory modules whitch can lower the lifespan of your graphics card. If you think i'm wrong; pls let me know
  • JassaelmJassaelm Member Posts: 2
    Jo3L said:

Guys, want to share something with you. Specially, if u still have this GPU (I was thinking about changing it but I think I'll stay because of this).

I was able to stay stable during 2 days (130-135 MH/s and 3200 DCR, 5 GPU) but now, after the new update, I'm getting more. I tried with my moded bios (1700 to 2000 timings) and this configuration work well, even with only ETH I'm getting 30-31 MH/s per card. So, I want to share with you.

@trevgrant @bouc @sloesoft

THIS IS SOLO ETH

THIS IS DUAL MINING, ETH AND DCR

The heatest is getting 76-78ºC and colder 66ºC. Power consumption at wall 880w.

So, thats all. I hope it works for you too, enjoy.

You can share you mod bios and how i can down the temperature of my gpu?
  • ShayanTheThiefShayanTheThief Member Posts: 21
    Jassaelm said:

Jo3L said:

Guys, want to share something with you. Specially, if u still have this GPU (I was thinking about changing it but I think I'll stay because of this).

I was able to stay stable during 2 days (130-135 MH/s and 3200 DCR, 5 GPU) but now, after the new update, I'm getting more. I tried with my moded bios (1700 to 2000 timings) and this configuration work well, even with only ETH I'm getting 30-31 MH/s per card. So, I want to share with you.

@trevgrant @bouc @sloesoft

THIS IS SOLO ETH

THIS IS DUAL MINING, ETH AND DCR

The heatest is getting 76-78ºC and colder 66ºC. Power consumption at wall 880w.

So, thats all. I hope it works for you too, enjoy.

You can share you mod bios and how i can down the temperature of my gpu?
    Just lower the coreclock and your temps will go down. It wont affect your hashrate that much maybe 0.75
  • JassaelmJassaelm Member Posts: 2
    Plz someone can help me.
    I have Asus Dual Rx480 4gb Hynix and i cant receive more than 25mh with all this configurations, someone can share me modbios. thx