Anyone switch to mining pascalcoin?

TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
I see some discussion about this coin on another forum. There doesn't seem to be a pool yet so I'm wondering how worth it would be to solo mine and how the power consumption is with 470s and 480s

Comments

• kemo6600kemo6600 Member Posts: 62
    edited January 2017
    It is very profitable, you need to keep the wallet running on one rig and connect rest of the rigs to it by internal network address.
    6x Rx470 system pulls 740 watt at the wall on 1130 core and 1850 memory modded strap with 0.88 vcore, was pulling around 500 mega hash per gpu and crashed after two hours, I feel like it needs more vcore to stabilise compared to ethereum , Gpuz power usage looks a little high compared to ethereum while at the wall lower than ethereum.
    Mr initial calculation was around 5 dollars per rx 470 per day, I felt that it will be painful to baby sit 7 rigs with lots of variations and possibility of price drops so dropped the idea
  • agent412agent412 Member, Moderator Posts: 293 mod
    I tried to mine it, but it didn't work well for me. I'll wait for a better more stable miner comes out for it, and a pool.

@kemo6600 $5 day per card? really? That's a lot.
  • kemo6600kemo6600 Member Posts: 62
    @agent412
    You know that price went up almost 10x in couple of days and lot of people can't mine yet so difficulty was lagging, it should spike today or tomorrow tomorrow,
    Yesterday difficulty was changing from 1000,000 to 2000,000 Mega hash, when you consider that my tiny farm can do 20, 000 mega hash, then you know that difficulty will rise ten fold
  • TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    Did the difficulty/profitability skyrocket over night? I calculated like $5 per 470 yesterday and today its like $3 for 6x470s (with 0 power cost).. so maybe the calculator wasn't always accurate?

A lot of people seem to be having problems with it. Saying they have a bunch of cards (rx series specifically) but not getting any blocks. If it is still profitable, seems like waiting for a pool might be the best idea or seeing if they fix the 0.2 miner version (if it needs to be fixed which apparently it may)
  • BUTUZBUTUZ Member Posts: 139 ✭✭
    No chance of getting a block now unless you got a huge warehouse farm. Missed the boat.
  • Tbone5660Tbone5660 Member Posts: 75
    Well miners dang sure didn't leave ETH to mine this coin lol. Difficulty rising daily.