Quick guide to flash your RX470/RX480 cards

Comments

• jpvjpv Member Posts: 1
    Anyone with sapphire RX470 4gb elpida memory getting more than 25MH/s? I copied values from 1500 strap to the other above, until 2000 strap and kept TDP(W) in 85. I am using simplemining and claymore 9.8, I don`t know how to undervolt. Many idea how to increase hash rates or reduce power consumption?
  • hariprasad2k0hariprasad2k0 Member Posts: 2
    i have 3 numbers of MSI RX580.. is this guide suitable for 580 series ?
  • hellohahelloha Member Posts: 18
    edited September 2017
    Hi, I wanted to change the bios memory settings but I don't see the correct clock listings with corresponding values?

Every guide I find talks about Mhz frequency values like this:

But I see this:

Do I just copy the third last value and past it in the second and last fields? I'm not sure, also not too interested in bricking the card.

It's an MSI 570 with samsung memory.

Cheers!
    K.

fyi: here is the full mod window screenshot:

• hellohahelloha Member Posts: 18
    Just found the solution, there seem to be two 1.4 versions out there of the BIOS editor. One showed the HEX values. The other showed the numerical values. (you need that one).
  • parenzoparenzo Member Posts: 23
    helloha said:

Just found the solution, there seem to be two 1.4 versions out there of the BIOS editor. One showed the HEX values. The other showed the numerical values. (you need that one).

just use modded SRB Polaris V3,way easier to use and edit straps
  • BikuyBikuy Member Posts: 36
    I am currently running 6x Sapphire nitro RX 480 8gb OC. They are currently running at ~25Mh/s each. Unfortunately I just found out they have micron memory which seems to be hard to flash. Has anyone been able to flash micron memory? Is it possible? Or did I just spend 1350€ on wrong GPUs?
  • coutinhocoutinho Member Posts: 3
    Released a new batches of AntMiners S9 , T9
    D3 , L3+ , R4 , For a cheap prices at Antminer Store.

Ship to all countries.

Shipping methods : DHL , UPS , FEDEX

Antminer Store : https://antminer-store.com/
  • hekiheki Member Posts: 11
    Hello everyone,

i am new to mining, read a bunch of stuff, managed to setup my 1st rig and this is what i got:
    6x sapphire rx 470 4gb mining (samsung memory) GPU
    asus z270-p mainboard
    pentium 4400
    ram 4gb
    ssd 120
    Chieftec Navitas 1250W ATX
    Win10

I have bios flashed my gpus by copying 1500 streps to 1625, 1700 and 2000. i am using Win10-64Bit-Crimson-ReLive-Beta-Blockchain-Workloads-Aug23.exe driver and with that i get 25.5MH/s from each card. Out of the box it was giving me 22.5MH/s. So now i have to change the mem, cpu speed and undervolt it with AB or Trixx. The problem is, i cant. In AB if i change any values, they just reset. i can only see cpu and mem speed, but voltage is disabled ... What am i doing wrong? Are this drivers cousing this? Should i update them to the lates drivers and than use AB or Trixx?

Best regards,
    HEki
  • heavyarms1912heavyarms1912 Member Posts: 14
    helloha said:

1.4 is not even the latest. There are versions 1.6 and 1.6.2 of PBE.
    heki said:

Hello everyone,

i am new to mining, read a bunch of stuff, managed to setup my 1st rig and this is what i got:
    6x sapphire rx 470 4gb mining (samsung memory) GPU
    asus z270-p mainboard
    pentium 4400
    ram 4gb
    ssd 120
    Chieftec Navitas 1250W ATX
    Win10

I have bios flashed my gpus by copying 1500 streps to 1625, 1700 and 2000. i am using Win10-64Bit-Crimson-ReLive-Beta-Blockchain-Workloads-Aug23.exe driver and with that i get 25.5MH/s from each card. Out of the box it was giving me 22.5MH/s. So now i have to change the mem, cpu speed and undervolt it with AB or Trixx. The problem is, i cant. In AB if i change any values, they just reset. i can only see cpu and mem speed, but voltage is disabled ... What am i doing wrong? Are this drivers cousing this? Should i update them to the lates drivers and than use AB or Trixx?

Best regards,
    HEki

news about AB. I had to dowload the MSIAfterburnerSetup440Beta15.rar and now i can change the values and those values are actuly changed on the graphics. The sad part is, the default values are the best ones. I tried everything on the card and i can not get more than 25.5MHs (default values are 1230 cpu and 1750 mem). So now the last option is to undervolt my cards, to get out as low powercosts as possible.

So can anyone point me in the deirection on how much i can ondervolt my cards for?

Thank you!
    More info:

i managed to undervolt the cards by -60, cpu from 1240 (or was it 1270 not sure) to 1100 and that drop the powerconsumption from 930w to 740w. The MHs is still the same at 153.x of total.
    Hello again,

as i got samsung memory, i should only copy 17xx strap to 2000. Today i tried to do this and when i wanted to backup the bios on the card, i got an error in gpu-z:
    “Bios reading cannot be done on this device”.

Is this normal that the bios, which is tweeked, cant be read and i should just go and modify my 1st backed up bios and flash it afterwards? Why am i getting this error? Before i flashed all my 6 cards, i had no problem doint it.

Help please.
  • agent412agent412 Member, Moderator Posts: 293 mod
    @heki Message me on skype, justinka412
  • greatauror28greatauror28 Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    Those who need help with 4gb cards that has Elpida memory, send me a message. We'll work something out.

This is my rig that runs 8 Rx580 Nitro+
  • pgherapghera Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I have 1x RX480 8GB Shappire Nitro.
    At stock settings, it's doing like 21 MH/s.
    I raised GPU core to 1350 and memory to 2100 and now it's doing 22 MH/s.
    Still, I would like to do more.
    Any suggestions? I'm new to this...
  • acheroncycacheroncyc Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2017
    Hello.

I have 4 8GB RX480 with Samsung memories, with the Blockchain drivers, some overclocking and undervolting, I'm managing to get between 25MH/S to 27MH/S from each(depending on the Miner, etc), but I wanted to get some more out of it.

What would be bios mods settings needed to get +30MH/s out of them as mentioned in the opening post?.
  • afrosamuraiyafrosamuraiy Member Posts: 5
    hey guys, i got a msi 5*rx480 and 1*rx470 rig running and managed to do the timing shifts, thanks for that. But what about undervolting? Does anyone know which settings i have to use? I am running SMOS.
  • AlecsAlecs Member Posts: 3
    Hi guys,

I realy need some help with my 4GB RX470 mining edition (the model with no connectors) Samsung memory. I can`t get 27.x MH/s on them anything i do. If i try to overclock a little bit more, it crashes after 10-15 minutes.
    Can anyone help me with a version of bios? If i just strap mem timings, i go up with the comsumption from 578W to 605W with 3GPU.
    Also, if anyone knows, i need a version that works on Linux with 27.xMH/s (not being able to use msiafterburner)
  • agent412agent412 Member, Moderator Posts: 293 mod
    @Alecs try modding your bios with these settings.
    The memory is strapped from the 1750 timings, if that doesn't work well, strap from the 1500 timings.
    The default memory clock is set to 1950 and undervolted
    the core clock is also undervolted.

Thanks @agent412 , i`ve flashed my cards, seems that they run ar 26.4 MH/s tops, but if they are stable, i`m happy for now.
    I don`t know why on Linux i can`t get 27.x and stable.
    Thanks again!
  • acheroncycacheroncyc Member Posts: 4
    What would be the appropiate settings to get around 30MH/S from an MSI RX 480 Armor 8GB with Samsung memory?.

Or if by any chance anyone has one of Heliox bioses, it would be appreciated.
    Alecs said:

Thanks @agent412 , i`ve flashed my cards, seems that they run ar 26.4 MH/s tops, but if they are stable, i`m happy for now.
    I don`t know why on Linux i can`t get 27.x and stable.
    Thanks again!

L.E. : Seems that after a couple of hours it still crashes. I can't find a good alternative for this cards to be stable. If anyone has an ideea, i`d appreciate it!
  • kranzleannakranzleanna Member Posts: 2

if u want rom file for rx 470 Samsung pm me [email protected]
  • jesus2fljesus2fl Member Posts: 3
    I have 0.063 Ether; when the pool will transfer it to my wallet? Should I wait it gets 0.1 Ether? I am new as miner. Thank so much for your help.
  • PhyssixXPhyssixX Member Posts: 2
    jesus2fl: Check your pool settings, I am in nanopool and they have 0.2 ETH default payout, it can be lowered to 0.05 ETH.. It will be different at various pools..
  • PhyssixXPhyssixX Member Posts: 2
    Hello guys,
    I am new in mining, spent about 2 weeks of reading all stuff and last week I have bought mining rig components together with some RX470s and RX480s.
    I was experimenting with BIOS modification of 470s 4GB. I have done bios flashing by copying 1500 straps to 1625, 1700 and 2000. i am using Win10-64Bit-Crimson-ReLive-Beta-Blockchain-Workloads-Aug23.exe driver.

First I tried it on my gaming PC - Intel Z170 OC Formula, i7-6700K, 32GB RAM, PSU 750W. By only modding bios hashrate went from 20 to 24MH/s. I am satisfied with that.

After that I run it on my new Asrock H110 Pro BTC, Celeron G3900, 4GB RAM, Windows 10, virtual memory increased to 16-32gigs, PSU 750W. When I did the same procedure and run Claymore, screen went blue when GPU started to calculate and I had to restart PC. I flashed original BIOS back and card ran on 20 MH/s. It doesn´t matter if I have only one card installed or have it as second in riser. I also tried another RX470 4G with exactly same problem.

Do you guys have any idea how to fix that? I have 6 of them in total, so I will be missing about 20MH/s if I run it with default settings..
  • ExpertMinerExpertMiner Member Posts: 14
    https://mining.help/ is the best guide I found online regarding ethereum mining. check it out guys.
  • BeckyNortonBeckyNorton Member Posts: 15

https://mining.help/ is the best guide I found online regarding ethereum mining. check it out guys.

Great, it help me a lot. Thank you