Whales & Dollars

AndrewAndrew Member Posts: 19
I was at the NYC Ethereum meetup lastnight and I am more excited, and possibly more confused than ever. :)

Joseph Lubin, Jonathan Mohan and another gentleman (Craig I believe his name was), were very good in continuing to explain Ethereum, and dealt with a wide range of questions... some questions useful, some were useless.

2 Questions:

A) On the forums, I saw that there was a ~$30M finite amount of BTC worth of Ether being released in the pre-sale. Last night, I think the moderators explained that there is really an infinite amount of Ether that can be purchased in the pre-sale.

If large VC's, and hedge funds acquire millions of $'s worth of Ether. This would drastically reduce the value of individual investors that invested <$100K, right?

Is there a way that smaller investors aren't as diluted?

B) Is there a way to invest $ instead of BTC? If I want to go from $ directly to Ether, I feel that it's unnecessary to pay fees in order to change to BTC to acquire ETH? Also, there are early investors in BTC who could be hoarding their BTC and will be much easier to acquire Ether accordingly?

If not, what is the easiest way I could acquire a sizeable amount of BTC without using coinbase? Prefarably cash > BTC > ether.

Coinbase wouldn't accept me because I didn't have bills go to my home address, aside from credit card.

Comments

• salhadaarsalhadaar Member Posts: 26
    I don't think hedge funds are touching Bitcoin right now, let alone anything newer, risky and more complicated. I wouldn't worry too much about being diluted. The more money they raise, the bigger the chance of a success for everybody.