What is the point?

lonpotts07lonpotts07 Posts: 63Member
What is the point of having a decentralized community if people are being censored left and right from moderators for just voicing their opinion! Big deal if they might be trolling a little bit, trolls are everywhere in life. YOu work with them, you might very well live with one..... BIG DEAL! My roomates is a troll I don't care lol wow shit like that annoys the hell out of me!

Comments

• theneogeo1982theneogeo1982 Posts: 530Member ✭✭✭
    But a forum is different from that BUT I see where you're coming from and I agree
  • o0ragman0oo0ragman0o Posts: 1,252Member, Moderator mod
    @lonpotts07 It's not so much censorship but community hygiene in my books. I've not removed any comments, which would be censorship.

Perhaps I should stop blocking all the spammer account applications that I get every day because that's 'censorship' and then we can go back to pages of 'Tantric Black Magic' spam. What would you prefer?
  • workwork Posts: 2,084Member ✭✭✭✭
    Deleting useless crap isn't sensorship. I have never seen a constructive contributing member or post removed, with the exception of the ETC attack pool thread, which honestly deserved to be deleted.

A lack of moderators deleting troll posts is why this forum is slowly dieing and filling with more trolls. I applaud @o0ragman0o 's efforts.
  • treve01treve01 Posts: 3Member
    why not create a double forum... like a blockchain, so people that want to read spam and troll things can still do it, but moderators can remove them from the main forum fronts end, so the data is there, but not shown, but everyone can still check that data if wanted. (mod leaves link-trace after "delete"). cannot be that hard? the end user has absolute freedom in what he wants to read, without having the trouble of pages full of spam no one wants to read