Ethereum's price crash imminent !

GodmasterGodmaster Member Posts: 183
With more than 200.000 ETH mine every week and low buy volumes, we could assist of a big crash of Ethereum price.
Since the end of Devcon 2 the price is still falling and we recover a price @ march 2016.
In my opinion the price could fall under 8 dol @ the end of the year.
Applications for high public will arrive between 2 or 6 years so today the question is why buying an ether and for what to do ? => nothing
Only Bitcoin can raise because of low price of Yuan against dollar, chineses move their fund on BTC and only on this cryptocoin.
As the housing bubble broke, we can see the same things with ethereum.
My advice is to sell ETH now before it goes on the way to the ground...

Comments

• SpydrMstrmndSpydrMstrmnd Member Posts: 73
    edited November 2016
    First it was syaoran99 calling for eth's imminent demise all summer, then as recently as two weeks ago a guy by the handle Retech saying the same thing....it'll fall to mere pennies, run for the hills, save the children!!!!!

Today, syaoran99 is nowhere to be seen, probably under a new screen name 'cause his predictions -- each and every one of them -- were so absurdly off the mark it was laughable. Retech meanwhile just bought 700 eth, so I guess he changed his tune pretty hard...

And now there's Godmaster, an apt name for a user who can predict the future with info pulled from thin air.

We've gotta get some folks in here with tealeaves and tarot cards, then we'll really be on a roll.

Oh and BTW, I've heard the same thing about BTC recently...that it's due for a predipitous decline for reasons x, y and z, etc etc. At the end of the day eth, btc and even that paper fiat all hold value because people believe in it as a store of value. Eth is the only one with actual utility, which is why I have and will continue to support it. The language Godmaster uses is the typical pump and dump stock market wall street lingo; I'd like to think eth is above and will eventually be beyond that infantile mentality.
  • GodmasterGodmaster Member Posts: 183

First it was syaoran99 calling for eth's imminent demise all summer, then as recently as two weeks ago a guy by the handle Retech saying the same thing....it'll fall to mere pennies, run for the hills, save the children!!!!!

Today, syaoran99 is nowhere to be seen, probably under a new screen name 'cause his predictions -- each and every one of them -- were so absurdly off the mark it was laughable. Retech meanwhile just bought 700 eth, so I guess he changed his tune pretty hard...

And now there's Godmaster, an apt name for a user who can predict the future with info pulled from thin air.

We've gotta get some folks in here with tealeaves and tarot cards, then we'll really be on a roll.

Oh and BTW, I've heard the same thing about BTC recently...that it's due for a predipitous decline for reasons x, y and z, etc etc. At the end of the day eth, btc and even that paper fiat all hold value because people believe in it as a store of value. Eth is the only one with actual utility, which is why I have and will continue to support it. The language Godmaster uses is the typical pump and dump stock market wall street lingo; I'd like to think eth is above and will eventually be beyond that infantile mentality.

read a little bit, open your mind and you will see the reality in face, i dont say thats ethereum will not work. i'm just saying there is too much money on the market. See the price of the Ether today, its the same price of the beginning of the year.
    Comparate to BTC, BTC raise from 500 dol to 700 in 4 months only and ETH goes to ground...
  • theneogeo1982theneogeo1982 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    Naw, with ZEC out there dividing things and difficulty dropping bu almost half.... I don't see it anytime soon
  • rmhrmh Member Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    @theneogeo1982 and what's the connection between difficulty and eth price? I don't know any significant...
  • verjicverjic Member Posts: 143
    edited November 2016
    Let it fall down..... So I cand buy more Ethers :) Ether is a long term investment, no way that it could go to 100 Euro in 1 year, if it will do this sometime, that will after 3-4 years may be :) So now is buying time!!!!

Not very long time ago, Bitcoin was 3-4$, after falling down from 100$ and now it is at........:)
    verjic said:

Let it fall down..... So I cand buy more Ethers :) Ether is a long term investment, no way that it could go to 100 Euro in 1 year, if it will do this sometime, that will after 3-4 years may be :) So now is buying time!!!!

Not very long time ago, Bitcoin was 3-4$, after falling down from 100$ and now it is at........:)

Never compare ETH with BTC
    - BTC only 21 milllions of coin Max, 16 millions mined today.
    - ETH unlimited coin, 86 millions coin on the market today.

Ether is not a long term investment, read what Vitalik said about this.
  • sandal7sandal7 Member Posts: 14
    Anyway dollar course rises up thats why
  • theneogeo1982theneogeo1982 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    rmh said:

@theneogeo1982 and what's the connection between difficulty and eth price? I don't know any significant...

less difficult the more coins you can mine so it can even out :)
  • SpydrMstrmndSpydrMstrmnd Member Posts: 73
    Godmaster said:

Ether is not a long term investment, read what Vitalik said about this.

Care to elaborate? I've never seen anything where Vitalik even intimates something like this, nor would he.
  • thesmokingmanthesmokingman Member Posts: 152 ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I think the price falling has more to do with the issues ETH is currently facing and all the forks that have had to be implemented to fix issues caused by the DAO fork and attacks. I mean I've been afraid to mine ETH since GETH decided it wanted to fork all by itself and reverse some transactions. There's been 2 updates to GETH since the 25th to fix bugs and I don't think confidence is there that all issues have been fixed. Add to that the number of big Banks leaving R3 to create their own private blockchains and not utilize the solution that R3 came up with utilizing ETH, and you have the creation of a very bearish market.

Unfortunately I think it will be this way until ETH starts receiving some good news and confidence has been restored in the platform.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/5fazhu/with_all_the_noise_behind_us_why_is_sentiment/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/5fborf/bad_sentiment_or_whales_pushing_weak_hands_to_fold/
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    Price is stagnating but overall quite stable. I'm not concerned. Could we see a drop under $8 by year end? Sure... but, the sky is hardly falling because of another ~15% market decline...

I agree with @thesmokingman - I see this recent decline as a confidence vote. Eth needs to cruise along without an unintended fork for a while to regain investor trust
    edited November 2016

I think the price falling has more to do with the issues ETH is currently facing and all the forks that have had to be implemented to fix issues caused by the DAO fork and attacks. I mean I've been afraid to mine ETH since GETH decided it wanted to fork all by itself and reverse some transactions. There's been 2 updates to GETH since the 25th to fix bugs and I don't think confidence is there that all issues have been fixed. Add to that the number of big Banks leaving R3 to create their own private blockchains and not utilize the solution that R3 came up with utilizing ETH, and you have the creation of a very bearish market.

Unfortunately I think it will be this way until ETH starts receiving some good news and confidence has been restored in the platform.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/5fazhu/with_all_the_noise_behind_us_why_is_sentiment/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/5fborf/bad_sentiment_or_whales_pushing_weak_hands_to_fold/

We all know that all banks will use their own blockchain, its an evidence. You thought that banks will use ethereum network ? what a joke.
    And true Ethereum has a lot of trouble with security.

I have seen the crash coming and happy to have sold all my ether before.
    The price still go down maybe under 5 dol or less.
    For those who hasnt sell yet, you must sell now before the death coming.

And who will mine with a price of Ether very low ? nobody...
    @godmaster pretty sure everyone making money mining Eth will keep mining eth lol. Even with the price at $5 and difficulty double what it is today, it will still be profitable to mine.

As soon as you say death is coming to crypto, you're nothing but a troll.
    edited November 2016
    work said:

@godmaster pretty sure everyone making money mining Eth will keep mining eth lol. Even with the price at $5 and difficulty double what it is today, it will still be profitable to mine.

As soon as you say death is coming to crypto, you're nothing but a troll.

Tell me why since Zcash arrived hash rate of ethereum was divided by 2 ? Miners think R.O.I only, if tomorrow the price go at 5 only miners who dont pay electricity will stay.
    I saw the crash coming weeks ago, not you lol
    edited November 2016
    Or course hashrate dropped when there was something else to mine that was profitable. It wasn't quite half tho. That just makes mining ethereum more profitable lol. And no, at $5 and 100T diff, it's still profitable vs power unless you have costly power (in which case, mining is a very odd business to be in).

Sky is falling! Sky is falling! Oh wait... it's back up 50cents from bottom already. Nevermind.
  • o0ragman0oo0ragman0o Member, Moderator Posts: 1,291 mod
    @Godmaster I've got a million in 1000 Rupee notes to buy you out!
  • thesmokingmanthesmokingman Member Posts: 152 ✭✭
    Godmaster said:

We all know that all banks will use their own blockchain, its an evidence. You thought that banks will use ethereum network ? what a joke.

Please show me in my statement where I said I believed banks were going to use the Ethereum network? I only stated the "news" of banks leaving R3 has added to the decline. If you've been around crypto as long as your posts come off, you should know any news can affect the price of a given coin.

If you take the time to read the Reddit posts you will see part of the price decline is due to a concerted effort by "whales" or groups of individuals attempting to push the price of ETH down. Given your posts and comments of late, I'm willing to venture you may have an affiliation with some of these groups and trying to scare "weak hands" into selling so you can just buy their cheap ETH.

As far as your last point, there is roughly 4.4THs @ 67TH that would disagree with your last point....
  • verjicverjic Member Posts: 143
    I would be very happy if the price will fall down to 5$, I'll can buy more ETH :) And mine more, because difficulty will drop. I prepared myself that ETH if will rise, that will happen in about 2 years may be more. So I want to have as much possible Ethers by then! :)

Godmaster said:

Please show me in my statement where I said I believed banks were going to use the Ethereum network? I only stated the "news" of banks leaving R3 has added to the decline. If you've been around crypto as long as your posts come off, you should know any news can affect the price of a given coin.

If you take the time to read the Reddit posts you will see part of the price decline is due to a concerted effort by "whales" or groups of individuals attempting to push the price of ETH down. Given your posts and comments of late, I'm willing to venture you may have an affiliation with some of these groups and trying to scare "weak hands" into selling so you can just buy their cheap ETH.

As far as your last point, there is roughly 4.4THs @ 67TH that would disagree with your last point....
    Price is declining because of what i said : too many Ether are in the market

Read this : http://www.coindesk.com/ether-ethereum-prices-blockchain-issues-seven-month-low/

"The number of new ether being mined per day as a proportion of current ether in the market is too high," he told CoinDesk.
  • ethfanethfan Member Posts: 458 ✭✭✭
    Please do not feed the troll.
  • chuckfeastchuckfeast Member Posts: 19
    Godmaster said:

The banks don't know what to do with blockchains. There was a lot of buzz around them in banking circles, but it seems like they're cottoning on to the reealisation that running their own blockchains in house doesn't confer many advantages over traditional databases.

That leaves them with the choice of running their own blockchains publically (which is terrifying to them for various reasons, as well as anathema to their governance models), using someone else's blockchain, or ignoring blockchains altogether.

Some will get involved in a limited way, and we'll see how that works out.

But most banks can indeed afford to ignore blockchains, because even BTC is small fry to these guys.

• wonderfullifewonderfullife Member Posts: 103
    guys he's either a troll or someone with issues upstairs. Also you can see in the last thread he started that he has no ideea how eth works. More like godfarter...
    edited December 2016

guys he's either a troll or someone with issues upstairs. Also you can see in the last thread he started that he has no ideea how eth works. More like godfarter...

I'm a not a troll, I'm just a miner and investissor who said thince over a few weeks that ETH price of ether is overpriced. What dont you undertand little noob ?

Lots of people have the same opinion as me and the market follow too Thats why ETH price fall to 8 dol.
    This is not because people just talk about "crash" that the price will crash lol, its just a reality.
    I won more than 10.000 dol with Ether and sold more than 500 ETH mined, i am very happy to have sold these ETH during the Devcon2 when it was at 13 Dol.
    ETH will never recover a price @ 13 dol until a few years now.
    Post edited by Godmaster on
  • AtrocityAtrocity Member Posts: 46
    Godmaster said:

I'm a not a troll, I'm just a miner and investissor who said thince over a few weeks that ETH price of ether is overpriced. What dont you undertand little noob ?

Lots of people have the same opinion as me and the market follow too Thats why ETH price fall to 8 dol.
    This is not because people just talk about "crash" that the price will crash lol, its just a reality.
    I won more than 10.000 dol with Ether and sold more than 500 ETH mined, i am very to have sold these ETH during the Devcon2 when it was at 13 Dol.
    All I have to say is "never until"
    l o l
    Atrocity said:

Godmaster said:

I won more than 10.000 dol with Ether and sold more than 500 ETH mined, i am very to have sold these ETH during the Devcon2 when it was at 13 Dol.
    All I have to say is "never until"
    l o l
    I will be laughing when the price will go under 7 dol at the end of the year and more in 2017 :-)
  • techtottechtot Member Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    It's an investment dude. I've held stocks for years that crash and burn for a long time, but many times recover for huge gains. Nvidia (NVDA) was trading at $12 in 2010. I believed in the company and held my shares. Today it is worth $90 a share.

Not all of us are "churn and burn " miners. I see crypto as a way to diversify a portfolio (just like having oil, financial, food, and service stocks).

Freaking out over a few months down just means you want to get rich quick. When you join a club like that, everyone goes broke. I think Ethereum investors have a little more class than that and actually believe long term it will prevail, have staying power and a price to match.

techtot said:

It's an investment dude. I've held stocks for years that crash and burn for a long time, but many times recover for huge gains. Nvidia (NVDA) was trading at $12 in 2010. I believed in the company and held my shares. Today it is worth $90 a share.

Not all of us are "churn and burn " miners. I see crypto as a way to diversify a portfolio (just like having oil, financial, food, and service stocks).

Freaking out over a few months down just means you want to get rich quick. When you join a club like that, everyone goes broke. I think Ethereum investors have a little more class than that and actually believe long term it will prevail, have staying power and a price to match.

Everybody believe in a long term success, the problem is that the major part of miners stock their ETH and stock is growing too fast and why more than 70 millions of ETH were created before the mining start ?.
    I think that Vitalik and his co were too greedy but its just my opnion...
    I'm a visionary 7.70 dol for an Ether lol ...
  • RabassoRabasso Member Posts: 151 ✭✭
    Godmaster said:

you are just full of it. banks alone can't harness the blockchain per say, they need the numbers. I'm buying all i can, sell me yours and I'll buy them too, troll.
    Rabasso said:

Godmaster said:

you are just full of it. banks alone can't harness the blockchain per say, they need the numbers. I'm buying all i can, sell me yours and I'll buy them too, troll.
    Banks are doing a better blockchain and Morgan Stanley is making this own coin.
    If you want to buy my shit maybe you already did it because i already sold all my ether when it was @ 13 dol lol
This discussion has been closed.