Zcash test results

124»

Comments

• GodmasterGodmaster Member Posts: 183
    edited November 2016
    kettulae said:

bit overclocked 390x. Claymore zec miner.

What pool do you use with Claymore's client ? I have also R9 390X

What about this résults ? its good or bad ? what is max OC with R9 390X and Zcash ?

Post edited by Godmaster on
  • GodmasterGodmaster Member Posts: 183
    I try with "-i 2" now i'm at 105 on each card lol
  • wonderfullifewonderfullife Member Posts: 103
    edited November 2016
    Do they eat less power than mining eth? Also, for RX480s -i 2 makes no diff. Still, I'm happy with 80Sols/s .

Ok, I've read in the other thread how much they eat.
  • Sequoia93Sequoia93 Member Posts: 130
    @wonderfullife you're reaching 80sol/s with each 480? What are your cards/settings? I'm stuck at about 50-55 with my ref 8gb 480s.

• Dr_House86Dr_House86 Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭
    @Sequoia93

Try Claymore's zec miner v4
  • Sequoia93Sequoia93 Member Posts: 130
    I am already running v4. I realized that -i 1 and -i 2 drastically reduce the performance of 480s. i 1 was slightly better than i2, but i 0 boosted them from ~50 to ~75sol/s!

Right now im running them using my stable settings for eth. each card is different but they are all 1180core/2000-2250mem 920mv core and 900-950mv mem. Anyone find a noticeable advantage to more core/less mem on zcash vs eth?
  • storpstorp Member Posts: 23
    edited November 2016
    I stick to eth with my amd cards but found use for a old nvidia 750ti which happily now mines with >20 Sol/s with nicehash nvidia optimized miner.
  • AbcedarianAbcedarian Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    Zilj said:

Mining farm is live, ended up making a batch file for each card + a 15 minute restart for windows, this way even if the program itself crashes, windows restarts and continues :) Bat files in description if anyone cares!

That thing ought to be keeping your house nice and warm. I have 11 gpu's running and it is a quite comfortable 74 throughout the house ;)
  • ZiljZilj Member Posts: 61

Zilj said:

Mining farm is live, ended up making a batch file for each card + a 15 minute restart for windows, this way even if the program itself crashes, windows restarts and continues :) Bat files in description if anyone cares!

That thing ought to be keeping your house nice and warm. I have 11 gpu's running and it is a quite comfortable 74 throughout the house ;)
    haha definitely ;)

updating to 4.0 claymore miner now to get better hash rates again.
  • newmznewmz AustraliaMember Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
    Hello all you ex ETH miners. I too have been dabbling with ZEC. Just wanted to let you people who love Claymore so much know - there is a miner out there that hashes as well as Claymore but it's FREE. As in no 2.5% fee. No fee at all. It's called Silent Army. Google it. I have a 390 doing 96sol/s.
    My whole setup of 2 running Ethos (which now has the Silent Army miner built in) went from around 420 sol/s using genoil zcash miner to now doing 775 sol/s
  • CryptoGiraffeCryptoGiraffe Member Posts: 34
    newmz said:

Hello all you ex ETH miners. I too have been dabbling with ZEC. Just wanted to let you people who love Claymore so much know - there is a miner out there that hashes as well as Claymore but it's FREE. As in no 2.5% fee. No fee at all. It's called Silent Army. Google it. I have a 390 doing 96sol/s.
    My whole setup of 2 running Ethos (which now has the Silent Army miner built in) went from around 420 sol/s using genoil zcash miner to now doing 775 sol/s

+1 for ethOS

With new Silent Army V5 my 480s went from 70 -> 85, 370s went from 40 ->45, and my 290x went from 72 -> 80
  • ciprianptciprianpt Member Posts: 219 ✭✭

newmz said:

+1 for ethOS

With new Silent Army V5 my 480s went from 70 -> 85, 370s went from 40 ->45, and my 290x went from 72 -> 80
    You mean your 370s hash was 40 and now is 45 ? i am getting 25.2 hash per miner only, in ethos,, why and how ?

• ZiljZilj Member Posts: 61
    Part 4 of Mining Farm guys, How to download + setup Zcash mining. Claymore 6.0 is out and getting 135-140H/s per RX480 on very minimal settings.

PS sorry about how quiet it is, may need to turn it up a bit, Mic broke and was using a gaming headset sitting on the desk.

• FittsyFittsy TexasMember Posts: 9
    Zilj said:

@Zilj, you do realize that those 1x to 16x usb risers can plug into the 16x slot on the mobo. You don't have to plug the gpu directly into that slot. You don't have to use those ribbon cables at all.

The little 1x card adapter plugs into a 16x slot because of the little notch it holds it in place. You can run the same pcie risers on all.

• ThameurThameur Member Posts: 9
    hi, strix R9 390 = ... sols ?
  • techtottechtot Member Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me what CURRENT Sol/s are for cards like the rx 480,470, and nvidia 1060, 1070? Are most people getting 250 sol/s out of a rx 480? and does it still pull 100-120 watts ? Unlike other coins, it seems like the hash rate keeps going up as people improve algorithms, so it is hard to figure out what the hash rate is supposed to be.
  • wonderfullifewonderfullife Member Posts: 103
    edited January 2017
    Is it so hard to read https://forum.z.cash/c/mining

RX 480s do 255 at their worst and 300 best i've seen. But there are too many variables.
  • felipemcaldasfelipemcaldas Member Posts: 15
    These are my current stats on a GTX970 not overclocked and CPU as well
    http://imgur.com/a/cbZFj
  • BUTUZBUTUZ Member Posts: 139 ✭✭
    I've got some figures for you from some of my cards.
    7950 Stock - 212
    7970 Stock - 233
    R290 Stock - 255
    RX480 Stock - 260
    R9 Nano Stock - 358