RX 480 Nitro 4G 29MH ROM

frantisekzfrantisekz Member Posts: 7
I've tried to improve my mining speed, so I made new rom for RX 480 Nitro 4G with shitty Hynix memory. I was able to reach almost 29MH/s with draw around 80W. I might try to get a little more from this card but there probably isn´t much room for improvements.

BIOS: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-kL1imq8JJzQmNHOUhGZmMxZ00/view?usp=sharing
WattTool profile: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-kL1imq8JJzcHR1SldxSjl2RGc/view?usp=sharing

BIOS MD5: F068FEB35C03DFAF60E33B46A1DB60D0

Just make sure to load WattTool profile before mining as bios defaults to 1750 MhZ for MEM and 1306 for Core (with high voltage). Why? Cause I am using this card even for gaming and it is not very stable at 2 GhZ in 3D. Straps from 1500, default mV for memory.

In case of core voltage, I had to use offset feature in WattTool as I was not able to set mV for core (according to GPU-Z monitoring).

I´d be happy to hear your feedback :)

Enjoy!

Comments

• adlruizadlruiz Member Posts: 11
    Very good, but i got some flickering from time to time, even if i dont touch the pc for anything, i think it could be unstable for a long period of time, im gonna test it for severals hours see how much time hangs the mining. But it actually pulls 78W xD very impressive.
  • hawkfish007hawkfish007 Member Posts: 7
    I am testing your rom with 3 cards, 1 card is hashing at 28.8 and the other two at 24.9. What am I doing wrong? I loaded watttool profile before starting claymore.
    Thanks.
  • frantisekzfrantisekz Member Posts: 7

I am testing your rom with 3 cards, 1 card is hashing at 28.8 and the other two at 24.9. What am I doing wrong? I loaded watttool profile before starting claymore.
    Thanks.

You have PM, you'll probably have to load profile for each card manually, but I am not sure.
  • the_doritothe_dorito Member Posts: 16
    Thanks frantisekz your bios and profile took my standard card from 22.5 to 29 :) SO A BIG THANK YOU TO YOU SIR
  • AlexxAlexx Member Posts: 15
    Hi, Frant,
    What type of memory you have on this 480/4 - Hynix may be?
    I have one with Samsung memory and when I compared bios, I found out that in your there is a time strap on 1425 MHz which is missing as a position when I open Samsung.rom in PBE. But I do have 1900MHz timing...
    ?!?!
  • the_doritothe_dorito Member Posts: 16
    edited October 2016
    Hynix 480 / 4 gb Saphire nitro
  • bbkoopsta30bbkoopsta30 Member Posts: 1
    hi before i flash & use your wattool profile can you tell me if the card is stable or not ?
  • ethminer1ethminer1 Member Posts: 6
    I have 6 of these .... mining ETH on ethOS (ethminer), they were pulling 21.13mh/s only... I was soooo disappointed! I saved the bios to a rom, and tried changing it several times, but no matter what I did, any change from stock mem settings would result in instability... gpus would fail within 2min - 2hrs.

I modified your bios to place the wattool settings into the bios (except core mv change of course), and still found 3 cards (6 card rig) would crash after a few hrs, so I changed the memory to 1950 instead of the 2000, and they've been completely stable for over 72hrs, 48hrs of them dual mining. Using the claymore engine, I'm now getting 27.56 mh/s out of each card after the fee while single or dual mining!!

That's over 30% increase !

MANY MANY THANKS !!
  • AktarusAktarus Planet EarthMember Posts: 15
    ethminer1 said:

I modified your bios to place the wattool settings into the bios (except core mv change of course), and still found 3 cards (6 card rig) would crash after a few hrs, so I changed the memory to 1950 instead of the 2000, and they've been completely stable for over 72hrs, 48hrs of them dual mining.

Hey ethminer1, your 27mhs sound good. Of course it's not the 29-31mhs which we can read about in others discussion threads but it is still okay. Would you be willing to share your modified BIOS with us?

• CryptoTennyCryptoTenny Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2017
    So I have x6 Sapphire Nitro(Non plus) 4GB RX 480s with Elpida memory. I'm still trying to understand what you can and can't do across different types of memories. I'm assuming I can't just straight up flash this bios, but I CAN copy the clock and memory frequencies and timing straps to modify my original BIOS....Right??
  • frantisekzfrantisekz Member Posts: 7

So I have x6 Sapphire Nitro(Non plus) 4GB RX 480s with Elpida memory. I'm still trying to understand what you can and can't do across different types of memories. I'm assuming I can't just straight up flash this bios, but I CAN copy the clock and memory frequencies and timing straps to modify my original BIOS....Right??

You have to dump your BIOS and copy 1625 timing to all higher frequencies (or use some other BIOS for Elpida). Don't flash this BIOS.